Cyrus CD 8 SE CD Player plus PSX-R versus Marantz UD9004 for CD play-back

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a Cyrus CD 8 SE CD Player and PSX-R Power Supply. I am thinking about selling them along with my Sony BDP-S5000ES Blu-ray Disc Player to go to a 'one-box' solution - a Marantz UD9004 Universal Disc Player.

I am from Australia and am able to get one from Singapore for an unbelievably good price - for under 2,000GBP! For this price, I should be able to sell my Cyrus' and Sony, purchase a UD9004 and have a little bit of money left to purchase some Blu-ray Discs and CD's.

Now, my question is: will I find better CD play-back performance from the UD9004, compared against the Cyrus CD 8 SE CD Player plus PSX-R? I would assume so, considering that the UD9004 supposedly has the same audio innards as the flag-ship Marantz CD/SACD Player.

However, I would just like some sort of 'assurance', I suppose.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

The only sort of assurance on sound quality you can rely on is with your own ears with an a-b demo in your own home. Although I have not heard the marantz compared to a fully working cyrus I would think the chances of any universal player sounding as good on cd's are just about nil.As a rule lowly cd replay is the last thing they worry about and you are comparing it to a dedicated cd player with outboard power supply. But if they really are that good let me know!.

If you are asking about reliability and will it constantly spit discs back at you then I think you alrerady know the answer.

If you are asking which will be worth anything in 5 years time then only the psxr wil retain any degree of percentage of its cost.

If you are asking about back up service ( and imho and experience with anything hi- tec you need it) then it sounds like a long trip back to the dealer in singapore unless there is a marantz dealer near you who gives a xxxx and is really happy to sort any problems out for you free of charge with a smile on his face knowing that you bought it for a cheap knock down price elsewhere....d'ont quite know how it works in australia or how much money you have sloshing about but 2000gbp to me sounds like sounds quite a big gamble.

Alan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts