New cd player to replace Arcam cd 73

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RobJ72

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rob,

I have an Arcam CD73T and used to have a Rotel RA-04 amp which is similar to your RA-05 but without the remote. B&W speakers will work well with the Rotel amp and according to Audio-T's website are stocked in the Swansea branch - the new 684s2's will max your £800 budget but I think would be worth trying. Alternatively, Arcam amps work well with MA speakers and there is an obvious synergy with your CD player...

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I have just bought a Beresford Bushmaster 2 DAC and have tried it with my Arcam CD73T. It has a different sound, there is more transparency and detail and the bass is tighter and cleaner. However, although it sounds different, I would not say that it is a giant leap in terms of musicality and enjoyment. That was what I had been told to expect from comments on here, and I would recommend that the OP heeds the advice as it is sound. Fortunately, I bought the DAC to improve the music from my iPod & dock, and here it really had made a seismic shift in listening pleasure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts