New cd player: Naim or Marantz?

reginaldo

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I would like some advice from you fans. I have the following equipment: • Naim Nait XS integrated amplifier, CD player Marantz 6004; Naim power cables, signal cable BCD mod. LGD; Audioquest power cord nr-g 2 (for amplifier), power cable WireWorld Stratus 7 (for CD), speakers Proac Studio 140 MK2.

It 'now time to improve the system and replace the cd player. I want to buy a Naim or a Marantz. Which models do you recommend? thank

matthewpiano

Personally I'd be going for the Naim CD5si or, alternatively, adding a Naim DAC to your existing Marantz depending on where you see the weight of your listening going in terms of formats in the future.

The other option worth considering is the Roksan Kandy K2 CD player which is superb.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

I think you have answered your own question, you are obviously a fan of Naim equipment as you already have a Naim amp and use their own mains cables so I think that a Naim cd player is the way to go.

I recently managed to pick up an almost mint CD5i off ebay for £500 and the sound it produces is awesome, much better than any other cd player I have owned.

Hope this helps.

:bounce:

T

the record spot

Go used. The difference between one CD player to another is likely to be pretty small, barring the odd one. I used to run a Marantz SA-7001 KI alongside an AVI Lab Series player. The Marantz was £600 new, the AVI £1500. The difference however, was pretty negligible in the long rin.

reginaldo

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I finally bought the CD 5 XS that I find exceptional. Offers a full-bodied sound wonderful. I was wondering if you should buy a super power: Flatcap or Hicap? Thanks for your advice

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
reginaldo said:
I finally bought the CD 5 XS that I find exceptional. Offers a full-bodied sound wonderful. I was wondering if you should buy a super power: Flatcap or Hicap? Thanks for your advice

There's really no point in asking this question on (this) forum. A brigade will jump up to tell you that Naim is ripping stupid people off, some will tell you (especially if you go to the Naim forum) how great PS upgrade is. You probably already have nice relationship with your Naim dealer, so the only way for you to find out, is to bring FlatCap home and hear what it does to your Nait and CD. Then try if you get better results with a single HC DR on your amp or CD.

I would wait another month or so, before trying the upgrade route - if at all. You already love your system, enjoy it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts