New cartridge advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

camcroft

Got the turntable today. Slight motor noise without record on but with a record on it drowns it out.I have tried it with the AT VM95C and then I fitted my Nagaoka MP11 cartridge on to the spare head shell that I bought. I had to reset the tracking force of course as they track at different values.To be honest it is not a bad turntable for the price and sounds very decent so far. I will be tweaking it as you do here it is set up in the conservatory with my Audioengine wireless speakers.367631483_750075023544135_5240320912328995338_n.jpg

Reactions: plastic penguin
Got the turntable today. Slight motor noise without record on but with a record on it drowns it out.I have tried it with the AT VM95C and then I fitted my Nagaoka MP11 cartridge on to the spare head shell that I bought. I had to reset the tracking force of course as they track at different values.To be honest it is not a bad turntable for the price and sounds very decent so far. I will be tweaking it as you do here it is set up in the conservatory with my Audioengine wireless speakers.View attachment 5109
Looks more expensive than its price tag.

Reactions: camcroft
Sat and listened to it last night and it really doesn't sound bad. Better with the Nagaoka cartridge though. Without getting in to any arguments I have replaced the supplied cables with my own super dooper pieces of string and the mat supplied and no I will not comment on either.;);)
That's all that matters. It suits your taste, can't argue with that, especially at the price.

Reactions: camcroft

TRENDING THREADS