New cart wanted

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Naga mp110 is on the tonearm and playing , I've set VTF 1,8 g , aligned according to Rega's supplied protractor , and checked on HiFi test LP

still sometime nasty SSSS but I'm gonna mess around with VTF and antiskate to eliminate it , after first side of Dub side of the moon I can tell it is a better cart than Elys 2 , Thank You for recommendation Stevebrock . :cheers:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
domenn said:
Naga mp110 is on the tonearm and playing , I've set VTF 1,8 g , aligned according to Rega's supplied protractor , and checked on HiFi test LP

still sometime nasty SSSS but I'm gonna mess around with VTF and antiskate to eliminate it , after first side of Dub side of the moon I can tell it is a better cart than Elys 2 , Thank You for recommendation Stevebrock . :cheers:

mmmm thats not right? Have you got any scales just to verify tracking? Have you got a spacer on yet?

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got metal spacer , digital scales , but it tracks well testing tracks on HiFi test LP .

Carpenters - voice of the heart there is bad sibilance other LPs sound clear so maybe it's that record only and are you tracking at 1,8g ?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I have 1 or 2 records with bad siblance - its the recording, Adele - 19 is terrible so I sent it back.

Tracking at 1.8g as we speak, bias set to 0 and sounds good.

Glad your pleased with the Cart!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Well I am a complete novice, and i fitted the spacer to my RP6 (easy) then fitted a £350 cartridge, my first one ever - and I got it right first time! Yeah I really took my time probably about an hour in all.

I really think if your buying a cart for a few hundred quid then the dealer should fit it free.

Absolutely.

When I bought my new 2M Blue from Doug Brady HiFi earlier this year, Andrew fitted it for me free of charge. I could have ordered one online, saved a fiver, fitted it myself etc. but this gave me a good excuse to go into the shop, have a good browse/chat/cup of coffee etc. and know it was set up perfectly.

TRENDING THREADS