New Cables time

Is that from your Marantz CD to your amp? Chord invariably seem on the bright side of those I’ve heard. Glad you like them!
Chord cables never seem bright to me. I still have a old set of Chrysalis that I've had since the early 2000s, as well as a couple of sets of Crimsons. That said, my favourite is the Merlin Chopin interconnects which is connected from the CDP to the amp.

Chord cables never seem bright to me. I still have a old set of Chrysalis that I've had since the early 2000s, as well as a couple of sets of Crimsons. That said, my favourite is the Merlin Chopin interconnects which is connected from the CDP to the amp.
just sold my old Merlin Chopin interconnect but only because it was too short for any of my current set-up.
still trying to sell my Mark Grant G1500 interconndects that are brilliant for the money.

Reactions: michael hoy
just sold my old Merlin Chopin interconnect but only because it was too short for any of my current set-up.
still trying to sell my Mark Grant G1500 interconndects that are brilliant for the money.
I had my Chopins since around 2008, purchased at WHFI show. Think they originally sold for about £80, but the Merlin stall were selling them for £60. Terrific interconnect and has been through a few amps over that period.

Reactions: Al ears
I’m in the process of ordering a few other sets of interconnects to try out, ordered chord crimson vee last night, looking at some Van Del Hul too. And possibly some Atlas if I can make my mind up. I’ll try them all and keep my Favorite.

D

Deleted member 2457

I’m in the process of ordering a few other sets of interconnects to try out, ordered chord crimson vee last night, looking at some Van Del Hul too. And possibly some Atlas if I can make my mind up. I’ll try them all and keep my Favorite.
Can you return cables then?

I’ve bought them off eBay, so got them a bit cheaper. I’m sure I’ll get my money back or thereabouts.
Chord Crimson Vee 3 for £31.
Van Den Hul The Bay C5 for £41.
I’ll give them a few weeks each and see which I prefer.
as always, it’s just a bit of fun.

Yeah, I’ve got some old Atlas Equator interconnects that I had been using for a while. They are good, but I wanted to try something newer/different. After hearing the difference in the Cobra 3 I know I can get an improvement. 👍

I had my Chopins since around 2008, purchased at WHFI show. Think they originally sold for about £80, but the Merlin stall were selling them for £60. Terrific interconnect and has been through a few amps over that period.
got mine around the same time I think specifically for a pre amp / power amp Set up so they were only 50cm long.
managed to get £35 back.......

Reactions: plastic penguin

camcroft

too hot for me out there! even the weather is subjective.
i think there are far too many variables within audio/hifi for there to be a hard and fast rule for everything.
i enjoy experimenting, i like to test my system out, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Thats the problem when you have a nice system like yours the question is can you better it or you don't let the money burn a hole in your pocket. I am sat in the garden listening to music through an Amazon Dot with rechargeable dock which makes it portable and the sound is acceptable and Alexa is only a shout / call away to play what I fancy at the end of the day its about the love of music that matters. Enjoy the day and turn the heating off

abacus

TrevC offers advice, however the OP was not asking for advice, just giving his opinion on some cables he purchased, (Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however when someone claims their opinion is fact without providing verifiable evidence, then there is a problem, but the OP hasn’t done that) so why would you expect a response from TrevC.

Bill

I try to be as honest and open as possible when I try new/different stuff out.
initially, this post was about some Chord Cobra 3 I bought for £15. I haven't tried Chord Co stuff myself before, so I thought it was about time I did. Genuinely like the Cobras a lot, which got me thinking, can my kit sound any better? is the cobra a sweet spot? what about more modern designs? which led me to VDH, I like their efforts to be ecological in manufacture, so I thought I'd try those too. its not a lot of outlay, the Cobras will be returned as the seller didn't disclose some info about the cables, but I will definitely watch for some more.
I will post about my findings, but I'm not out there to convince anyone anything, I will just give my thoughts.

D

Deleted member 108165

I think one of two may no longer be on the forum, and perhaps because the original post wasn't a newbie question but a statement......and from a moderator at that.
Does the fact that it's a moderator posting make it different then? Are you better than the rest of us and beyond reproach?

Would like to add that I'm an admirer of bigfish, he's the reason I've purchased most of Marantz my kit (y)

Does the fact that it's a moderator posting make it different then? Are you better than the rest of us and beyond reproach?

Would like to add that I'm an admirer of bigfish, he's the reason I've purchased most of Marantz my kit (y)
no better than the rest of any other on this forum, hopefully we all impart knowledge that is useful to someone, simply wondered if it was the likes of of certain forum members that would react. The idea that this thread has remained intact for so long is that people haven't, and that's a good thing isn't it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts