new cables for new system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello every body.ive been visitng the forum for a while and i think its great also so is the mag.so heres my very first post.i have recently purchased a marantz pm6002 amp and 6002 cd player.i also got a pair of kef iq30 speakers to go with them.ive connected it all using chord carnival silver plus speaker cable and chord cobra 3 for the amp and cd player.i got these on the advise of a dealer to add a bit of life to my old cambrige audio 640 amp and cd with b&w 602s3 speakers which it did fine.please forgive my terminoligy here as i try to describe the sound from the new marantz set up. clinical a little bright and lacking depth. so can you all help me find some new cables that will offer more depth character soundstage and warmth.i would like to start with the phono leads and then the speaker cable if need be.over all i do like the sound of the new set up and i auditioned quit a few speakers befor deciding on the kefs but i just feel i could do better with new leads more in line with this set up.many thanks...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
how long have you had this?

a new system takes while to bed in - silver cables in particular sound a bit bright at first listen if you have new ones and not used them before. Perhaps leave it a month or so?

And paragraphs, man - a stream of concious like that's hard to take; you're not James Joyce!!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply.

the cables are from my old system so they are well run in.

the new system is about a month old with plenty of use.i borrowed a vanden hul name cable from a freind and that changed things

it took some of the brightnes away but it seemed to chop things rather than round things of if you see what i mean

TRENDING THREADS