New bluray player suggestions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
fujineg:
Well I can confirm that the Pioneer does take a little longer to load Blu Ray, no way near as long as I was feared it may take.

During those moments of loading, I feel reasuringly comforted that I will marvel and enjoy whats to come
emotion-2.gif

As soon (if ever) the Sony BDP-S5000ES becomes available at half price (£600) That will be my next Blu Ray player.

Jon

Jon

How long does it take on average to load a disc? I take it it's not long enough to put the kettle on and make a cuppa.

A

Anonymous

I haven't timed it, and results vary depending on movie, not long enough to make a cuppa though lol

I pop a disc in and by the time I sit down gather my remotes, turn off the light and adapt, the film is very nearly ready. I find having to skip through all the trailers more frustrating.

Hope this helps

Jon

A

Anonymous

I have just timed turning the device on, putting in a Blu-ray of 300, and getting to the first picture from the disk of the Warner Brothers logo and it took 70 seconds all in

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
Thanks both for the replies. So nothing major really then, just the way some folk go on about the load times of some of these players you'd think its slower than glaciers melting!!!

So all in all then a great player that is noticably better than a ps3 fat, at least in sound anyway, and can be had for under 300 quid. Might have to treat myself.

A

Anonymous

No way near as slow as some folk make out.

I can 100% recommend this player, it has made my PS3 fat sound flat and boring, even the picture is noticebly better colours especially!

Go treat yourself! Let us know what you think once you have
emotion-2.gif

Jon

A

Anonymous

Agree.

DVDs load almost instantly and BDs take 30-60secs. It has never been an issue.

PQ and SQ are both vastly improved over the PS3 (40g gen1) and I am really happy. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it's still a pleasure to use every time I get a new BD to watch.

Get one!!

A

Anonymous

Just noticed, my new Pioneer LX52 requires a firmware updatefrom 3.34a to 3.65, I shall do this tonight, see if it changes anything.... I did notice yesterday, that it was unable to play spiderman 3.

Jon

A

Anonymous

Hi Ronald,

Have you had the chance to compare the two players? I would be very interested in what you think.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts