New Blu-ray player with old system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - I'm looking for advice on purchasing a Blu-Ray player:

I currently have an old Pioneer DV313 system, which I'm quite happy with at the moment but I'd like to connect a Blu-ray MR player.

I'll be looking at upgrading my receiver and speakers in the future, but at the moment I just want a decent player that will connect to my existing system if possible?

My budget would be around the £200 - £250. I've been looking at reviews of the Sony range and they sound good value for money. Would anyone recommend the BDPS560 MR? or should I go with something else?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

If you want a new blu-ray player, your old system won't do. Considering your budget, sell your old system and get an all-in-one blu-ray home cinema system.

Either the Panasonic SC-BT200 or the Sony BDV-E300 will be great. Shop around and you will get it for less than the £400RRP.

This is the option with the minimum fuss and hassle.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Assuming the Pioneer DV313 has an optical input, it could certainly be used as a stop gap solution before upgrading everything. The Sony 560 is a good Blu-Ray player but, unless you need the convenience of the wireless adapter for getting firmware updates / using BD Live features, the BDP-S360 is pretty much identical for quite a bit less money.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice - The DV313 does have an optical input so I should be ok for now. Now I just have to decide which one, I'm leaning towards the 560 due to the WI-FI and front USB port.

I wont be getting another all-in-one system, just going to build a system separately as money allows.

caddyhound

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
Worth considering the Panasonic BD80 blu ray.It's on run out at just over £200 as new models are on their way.It has 7.1 analogue outputs which would allow you to upgrade to a cheaper legacy receiver without HDMI and still get HD sound.Great picture too.

A

Anonymous

perfectmask:
Thanks for the advice - The DV313 does have an optical input so I should be ok for now. Now I just have to decide which one, I'm leaning towards the 560 due to the WI-FI and front USB port.

I wont be getting another all-in-one system, just going to build a system separately as money allows.

Your optical input CANNOT carry HD sound. Only a HDMI input can do that. So, you have HD picture but no HD sound - half the fun.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
What size screen are you using, and are you gonna replace it.I would spend £119 on the Sony BDPS360 with three free films at Play.com and put the rest towards speakers and amp. Small gains with the 560, but may be useful at £179. Also if you want to over spend your buget the 760 at £299, now thats worth spending if you have a recent tv and is over 37". Pioneer 120 is around £150 or the older Panasonic's, but i would not consider the Samsung's or Philips the current Sony range is leading the way for now especially on price. i would save up for a home cinema system £500-800 should get you a very good setup.

TRENDING THREADS