New arrivals - Sonus Faber Amati Palladio !

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

link

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
whoah!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

jtein:
Congrats BigAir, those are gorgeous! Even the name sounds great.

One thing I can't figure out is how do you listen to them with the tweeters at ear level? Sit on a high bar stool? I'm asking this because when I sit down on my sofa, the tweeters are higher than the level of my listening axis.

Yeah the speakers are fairly tall, but the tweeter does hit around ear level when sat in my comfy arm-chair !

The speaker name .... if you are not aware is after one of the great Violin makers Andrea Amati. The Palladio is the Sonus Faber Special Edition model - with only 50 pairs ever made and the natural varnished Maple finish is unique to that model, along with a few other changes, such as speaker bindings in a Platinum finish and silver speaker labels etc .....

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:BigAir:
Cheers John - good to see you too!

If ONLY I was that good looking !

;-)

Look forward to hearing about the whole system when it's up and running. Good to meet you on Friday Nigel. Same to you JD - good to put a face to the name and all that.

Cheers Warren - you too.

A

Anonymous

Yes at about 5.10 pm !! Dammit .....

I am popping in to see them in the morning (after the school run) to see if I can get them home - but the boxes are pretty big and HEAVY too apparently .... so may need to do 2 trips with one of the shop guys to help get them out of the car at home!

Their van may not be available for another day or so .... but I'm too impatient for that!

A

Anonymous

Got my fingers crossed tonight for the lottery so with the lords help i soon will have a pair of these beauties , wonder how there coming along. Ooh god they look beautiful speakers
emotion-4.gif
i,m hoping we get some more piccies and words how these are coming along.

A

Anonymous

Ayre C-5xeMP CD player

Moon P8 Pre-amp [2 boxes - Power supply & audio section]

Moon W8 Power-amp

Finally all set up and running 'yay' !!

Lots of running in to be done - should improve a lot over the first 48 hours and then continue for the next 3-6 weeks [pre-amp takes longer than power amp it seems ....]

100_0952.jpg

100_0956.jpg

A

Anonymous

BigAir:Yeah the speakers are fairly tall, but the tweeter does hit around ear level when sat in my comfy arm-chair !

The speaker name .... if you are not aware is after one of the great Violin makers Andrea Amati. The Palladio is the Sonus Faber Special Edition model - with only 50 pairs ever made and the natural varnished Maple finish is unique to that model, along with a few other changes, such as speaker bindings in a Platinum finish and silver speaker labels etc

Hi BigAir, how come I don't see the Amati Palladio on the Sonus Faber's website? Did you order them directly from their factory in Italy as I remember you saying they were clearing customs. Which means you just ordered them without auditioning them?

A

Anonymous

theyre already sold out but the info is here http://www.absolutesounds.com/index.php?page=press_view&article_id=241

A

Anonymous

Crikey malone, that kit looks absolutely stunning. So how does it feel to close your eyes and actually have Miles Davis right in front of you? Can you smell the cigratte smoke?

A

Anonymous

one off:theyre already sold out but the info is here http://www.absolutesounds.com/index.php?page=press_view&article_id=241

Drats and double drats! Why do I keep missing out the good stuff?
emotion-9.gif

Thanks anyway one off. Perhaps I'll set my sights on the Magico M5....

A

Anonymous

jtein:
one off:theyre already sold out but the info is here http://www.absolutesounds.com/index.php?page=press_view&article_id=241

Drats and double drats! Why do I keep missing out the good stuff?
emotion-9.gif

Thanks anyway one off. Perhaps I'll set my sights on the Magico M5....

Actually - if you are serious - I know a dealer who had a pair (well at least he did a week or so back) ......

Drop me an email perhaps ....

nigelhorwood@yahoo.com

I auditioned the standard model Amati Anniversario and decided to get the Palladio - 'cos the natural maple finish was more unusual plus they were a limited edition pair [50 worldwide] .... with a few other changes to fittings, such as Platinum plated speaker binding posts and silver name labels.

Nig

A

Anonymous

Thanks BigAir. Unfortunately I reside in Malaysia. I've dropped you an email anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts