New arrivals - Sonus Faber Amati Palladio !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
100_0936.jpg

100_0940.jpg

100_0938.jpg

100_0937.jpg

My new speakers have arrived - yay!!

A

Anonymous

Cheers John - good to see you too!

If ONLY I was that good looking !

;-)

A

Anonymous

That is some bit of kit. Would be greart to seem some photos of these with the rest of it

A

Anonymous

Brisk:That is some bit of kit. Would be greart to seem some photos of these with the rest of it

Will do some in the next few days and add them on here perhaps ......

A

Anonymous

ah ... well ....er-hum ..... see .... errr .... yes .....

.... the thing is I have not heard them at home yet, as my amps have not cleared customs yet and I expect them to arrive on Tuesday!!

I had extensive demo's in the shop on 3 visits, before deciding to buy them.

I found them very 'effortless' in their presentation with a high degree of speed and impact. Hard to describe the sense of 'rightness' they impart !

They truly disappear from the sonic soundstage and allow the acoustic atmosphere of the venue to come through unlike anything I had heard before. I could hear the rise and fall of notes and vocal inflections and it allowed me to hear in to the recording more. I often finished tracks thinking that the musicians were actually better than I previously thought - and how much many people miss by not having access to such insight, it's such a shame - I wish everyone could their fave tracks on them!

A

Anonymous

wife just walked past as I was looking at the pics ... she said 'those look cool ... why dont you buy those?' .... told her the price .... she mumbled and walked off

maybe one day ... good luck ... they look awesome!

A

Anonymous

Better get some insurance on those babys!! Thick end of £17,000? Should change your name to BigWad....

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Great stuff congrats on your new toys for Christmas, hope you get your amps before Christmas, by the way what amps you've purchased and what source you will be using curious to know
emotion-2.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Graham_Thomas:Better get some insurance on those babys!! Thick end of £17,000? Should change your name to BigWad....

How much !! and the main player in any system hasnt had a look in yet. Hmmm,sucks air through teeth.

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas:Better get some insurance on those babys!! Thick end of £17,000? Should change your name to BigWad....

Cheers Graham - I have done so !

A

Anonymous

NigelF:Great stuff congrats on your new toys for Christmas, hope you get your amps before Christmas, by the way what amps you've purchased and what source you will be using curious to know
emotion-2.gif

I'll be using the Moon P8 Pre-amp and W8 Power-amp, with Ayre C-5xeMP CD player. Amps are to arrive Tuesday I hope, after clearing customs (having come from Moon in Canada) and I've had the CD for a few years and just had the latest MP upgrade done last week.

Really excited to get it all plugged in and running .... can't wait !

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
BigAir:
Cheers John - good to see you too!

If ONLY I was that good looking !

;-)

Look forward to hearing about the whole system when it's up and running. Good to meet you on Friday Nigel. Same to you JD - good to put a face to the name and all that.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Craig M.: jax, how did you get those pics in your sig?

Well, I got the idea from idc who did it first. First you have to post the pics to a picture hosting site. I use photo bucket. Then you just put the image html into your signature. But, you can only have 256 characters in your sig line, so make sure the image name is short. I also put all 3 images into one jpg otherwise I would never have been able to post 3 pics and stay below 256 characters. Here's an example (but you need < > around this): IMG SRC="http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/youralbum/hifi.jpg" width="360"

A

Anonymous

Congrats BigAir, those are gorgeous! Even the name sounds great.

One thing I can't figure out is how do you listen to them with the tweeters at ear level? Sit on a high bar stool? I'm asking this because when I sit down on my sofa, the tweeters are higher than the level of my listening axis.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts