New amplifier

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about upgrading my amplifier and would be grateful for some suggestions.

Due to lack of space in my rack I would need an integrated amp which must have a phono input, although I could probably accommodate a phone stage if absolutley necessary.

The kit it would have to match with is

Pro-ject Xperience turntable

Opera Consonsance CDP and

Morduant Short Mezzo 2 speakers sitting on Partington Super dreadnought stands.

Budget approx. £500.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
5cats35:
I'm thinking about upgrading my amplifier and would be grateful for some suggestions.

Due to lack of space in my rack I would need an integrated amp which must have a phono input, although I could probably accommodate a phone stage if absolutley necessary.

The kit it would have to match with is

Pro-ject Xperience turntable

Opera Consonsance CDP and

Morduant Short Mezzo 2 speakers sitting on Partington Super dreadnought stands.

Budget approx. £500.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Creek Evolution with one of their phono stages installed.

T

the record spot

If you're in the £400-£600 mark, then try and hear the Exposure 2010s amp, which I think needs a phono stage (but check, though I don't think it has a phono input, as-is). Failing that, the Yammy John mentioned is one to check out too. Fine amp for the money.

T

the record spot

Good price, but bear in mind your contract is with Amazon then and they have occasionally been found wanting when it comes to service in the past. I saw Peter Tyson's also had a good deal on it, perhaps also worth checking there?

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
A dealer I have spoken to thought that the Creek Evolution amp might sound too bright with my Mezzo 2 speakers and suggested the Opera Consonance A120 Linear instead.

I haven't a dealer in Guernsey that sell either of these so I can't demo. I must admit that I like the warmth that I have got from my Opera CD120 Linear CDP but I don'r want to spend £800-£900 on the amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts