New amplifier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Iprefer78's said:
Thanks for all the replies. My two really local dealers offer a narrow choice of equipment (Nothing wrong with either dealer, just don't offer anything suitable for me). The next are 22 mile round trip, then much further afield, so I look like putting some unleaded in my car & go driving round the country! At least if I don't find what I'm looking for, it will keep me occupied!!*biggrin*
Indeed. I think twice about a 200 mile round trip. From SE Wales, I've been to Oxford, Bath, Poole (Dorset), Cinderford, Bristol and Reading in the last year to hear hifi, so I'm not too bothered about the miles!

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Lots of good suggestions here (especially the Sugden A21SE) but let me throw another name into the ring - the Exposure 3010S2D integrated. Falls at the lower end of your budget and has a full and rich sound.

I recently listened to it driving Wharfedale and then Tannoy speakers and was amazed at the performance - a mate I was with who uses MacIntosh amps and Vienna Acoustics speakers was with me and I heard him muttering "makes me wonder why we spend so much on our gear when you can have sound like this for a fraction of the cost''.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts