New Amplifier for Dali Opticon 8?

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Afternoon All,

Im thinking about changing my current amplifier setup for hopefully sonic gains and to sell my current equipment(quite aged now) whilst it still has some value.

My current system consists of :

Marantz NA11 S1 Music Streamer
Dali Opticon 8 Speakers
Musical Fidelity A5 Preamp
Musical Fidelity 550K Power Amps

Proposed setup:

So ideally i would love to match my NA11 S1 with the Marantz PM10 amplifier but i feel that might be out of my budget right now.

Instead i was looking at the Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amplifier, this will give me a tidier setup in terms of boxes but the question is would i gain anything sonically?

My current Amplification is pretty dated now so i would of thought the M6SI would offer something up, has anyone heard this amplifier, it seems to be decently reviewed and regarded.

Thanks in advance!

Are you in the UK?
There's an M6si currently on the Facebook group UK Hi-Fi For Sale or Exchange going for £1800 which I am sure could be haggled down in price.
I wouldn't be too concerned about any others having heard it as only you can decide if it is suitable to replace your current set-up.
Must say I'd like a PM10 as well but at £7000.....
Have you considered the PM KI Ruby?

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you in the UK?
There's an M6si currently on the Facebook group UK Hi-Fi For Sale or Exchange going for £1800 which I am sure could be haggled down in price.
I wouldn't be too concerned about any others having heard it as only you can decide if it is suitable to replace your current set-up.
Must say I'd like a PM10 as well but at £7000.....
Have you considered the PM KI Ruby?
Thanks for that! Just contacted the seller. Yes 7k just slightly out of my budget lol. Ki ruby could be an option too. I want something that has decent power delivery as my 550k do produce but with more delicacy and precision, I think the M6si could be the ticket.

Reactions: Al ears
Thanks for that! Just contacted the seller. Yes 7k just slightly out of my budget lol. Ki ruby could be an option too. I want something that has decent power delivery as my 550k do produce but with more delicacy and precision, I think the M6si could be the ticket.
Thought the M8xi might have similar power output but I have just seen the price of that as well.....
I suppose those speakers of yours are pretty efficient so 550 wpc might be a bit of overkill

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a demo of the M6si today from that seller, was very impressed, just not sure whether it will be a significant improvement over what I have and wondering if I should wait until I can go for something more significant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts