New amp Roksan K3?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

radiorog said:
Congratulations, it's a brilliant all round amp. I was thinking just yesterday that I think this amp gets better over time. It certainly doesn't get worse. I've had mine two years and it seems to be possibly getting funkier. It's prob an illusion of some sort tho. You may also notice that after three hours or so of continuous usage it seems to really come on song with superb clarity. Again, this may an illusion, or the speakers warming up. (Or the cables :) ). I am curious now to see how a marantz sounds as not heard the 8005, but I would be very surprised if it sounded as good, having heard cheaper marantz amps. I compared the K3 to the abrahamsen v2up and it was a in the same sort of ball park. As Vlad states, it has very a low distortion and noise levels, which I think makes it sound so clean. Enjoy.
I did notice this with KA-1. They probably should be never be switched off. KA-1 did need about an hour to sound at it's best.

Edit
Which reminds me my demo of K3 was first thing in the morning.

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Received the amp on Wednesday and set it up late that afternoon. I was worried, having installed the chord clearway cable drastically improving the Yamaha, that maybe I had made a mistake in also getting the amp but boy was I wrong.

Immediately without any run the Roksan has a much larger soundstage, greater bass and improved detail both in the top and low end. Artists now sound like they are in the room and even at higher volumes there is absolutely no distortion to the sound or impression of shoutiness from the speakers, just a smooth, warmer and natural sound.

It also seems adept at all music genres having tried jazz, rock, metal, pop, folk and classical so far with all being conveyed perfectly.

The power this kicks out is really impressive and its punch has opened up the BX5's from there laidback nature. Will post again once the amp is fully run in but so far I am over the moon with this purchase and can see this amp lasting me a hell of a long time.

insider9

emcc_3 said:
Received the amp on Wednesday and set it up late that afternoon. I was worried, having installed the chord clearway cable drastically improving the Yamaha, that maybe I had made a mistake in also getting the amp but boy was I wrong.

Immediately without any run the Roksan has a much larger soundstage, greater bass and improved detail both in the top and low end. Artists now sound like they are in the room and even at higher volumes there is absolutely no distortion to the sound or impression of shoutiness from the speakers just smooth and warmer sound. The power this kicks out is really impressive and its punch has opened up the BX5's removing there laidback nature.

Will post again once the amp is fully wrong in but so far I am over the moon with this purchase and can see this amp lasting me a hell of a long time. 
Excellent!

I'd suggest keeping it on at all times. I found with Roksan they sound even better when warmed up.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Good stuff. Yep, I've found the detail in the highs and the lows very impressive. A genuine step up from the K2bt I briefly had before hand. I was thinking only recently about leaving mine on all the time, butbive noticed when it's idle and not playing anything, it heats up more. It often cools when playing music at certain levels.
I love the bass definition too btw. Today on the radio heard the fugees killing me softly. Even from the kitchen icould hear a wider soundstage than I've heard in this track before, and choral backing vocals. And the bass line in this track, sounded super (again, never noticed the detail in the bass on this track before).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts