New Amp please!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I want to upgrade my amp. At the moment i have a Marantz PM 7001 but i find its lacking a bit with the system i have. The system i have is this, Isotek Mini Sub with Van Dan Hul Mainsstream BS mains lead, Arcam Diva CD 73 with Merlin Terantula mains & Chopin inter, Pro-ject RPM 5 with Pro-ject Phono Box Mk2 & MIT terminator 3 inter, Denon TU 1800 DAB Van Dan Hul Storm inter, all sitting on a Henley Designs WR5 equipment rack .Epos M12.2 speaker with Chord Co. Carnival silver plus cable sitting on Partington Super Dreadnoughts.

I have arround £1000 - £1500 to spend on upgrading with an amp, intergrated or pre/power. But i do need more power than the 70 (w) i get at the moment, and it has to be good with cd and vinyl.

Please help.

Regards Shooter69

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
The obvious partner for the Epos would be a Creek amplifier. The Evo is powerful and sounds good with your speakers, for more detail and transparency try the Destiny. Personally I'd buy a cyrus 8vs2, which although not very powerful on paper really kicks, sell your CD73 and add the matching 8 player.

A

Anonymous

Easy - Sugden A21a, ignore the on paper power rating of it and just listen to what it can do! The creeks are very good too though.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Thankyou Bigguads & Drummerman for your advise, The Sugden on paper looks a bit short of power but the reviews i have read are very good so its still in mind at the moment & the Creek Destiny looks very interesting on parer & the reviews are also very good.

Wondering why neather amp has been put through the What HiFi? test!

If anyone else has ideas for a new amp the list can only get bigger!

Regards Shooter69.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I thought we had tested the Sugden. Unfortunately I'm away from home at the moment so can't check through my back issues. But I see Mr Everard is online at the moment, so he may be able to enlighten us further.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Andy, you probably have tested the Sugden but its not listed in the June '08 What HiFi?

Please, let me know what you think!

Regards Shooter69.

A

Anonymous

Like I always say about the Sugden, ignore the quoted power output and just listen to it!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Cheers John,

I do have plans later to change the speakers but at the moment i'm happy with the sound they give me i'm looking to get more power behind behind them so if you have any suggestions, feel free.

Regards Shooter69.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts