New album releases

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
insider9 said:
stereoman said:
insider9 said:
Thanks Stereoman. Quite a few I've not heard on there, so will take a good while to go through.

My list was made out of this years releases only :) From the above is there anything that betters Steven Wilson "To The Bone"? That was my favourite album of 2017.

I think "Prophets of Rage" is a very good and strong album. I'm really looking forward to new Suede, Tool, Orbital and Dead Can Dance.

"Prophets of Rage" is an interesting album. Enjoyable if you didn't expect it to be RATM. I kind a miss the rage of RATM. Some great riffs mixed with some decent but often average rapping (parts are great). It is a lot of fun though.

I'm really looking forward to the new Tool album, just hope it's much better than A Perfect Circle. I liked it at first, but I'm ultimately disappointed with it.

Tool is great. Never liked A perfect circle. The first album was good though. Apart from some lyrics.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Enjoying Whispers 2 -Beautiful story telling by Passenger:

61iTp-hf%2BsL._SX425_.jpg

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
BigH said:
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:
Enjoying Whispers 2 -Beautiful story telling by Passanger:

Top album, try The Boy Who Cried Wolf too.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Passenger is great, new album out end of August.

I generally cannot accept artists who imitate another - in this case he copies James Blunt like hell. "Good Artists copy , great Artists steal". The ones from Eddie Palmieri and Ashley Monroe are great albums.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
stereoman said:
BigH said:
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:
Enjoying Whispers 2 -Beautiful story telling by Passanger:

Top album, try The Boy Who Cried Wolf too.

Mac

Passenger is great, new album out end of August.

I generally cannot accept artists who imitate another - in this case he copies James Blunt like hell. "Good Artists copy , great Artists steal". The ones from Eddie Palmieri and Ashley Monroe are great albums.

re comments about Passenger, afraid I have to disagree, but each to their own... Blunt's most recent album is, imo, pure unadulterated pop more akin to Daniel Bedingfield rather than Passenger, plus Passenger has been around longer than Mr Blunt.

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
re comments about Passenger, afraid I have to disagree, but each to their own... Blunt's most recent album is, imo, pure unadulterated pop more akin to Daniel Bedingfield rather than Passenger, plus Passenger has been around longer than Mr Blunt.

Mac

I feel the same as you...other than singing in a higher Key, they have little in common imo

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Mac

I feel the same as you...other than singing in a higher Key, they have little in common imo

Not talking about the style guys - I am saying - he sounds like James Blunt ( especially Blunt on the first album ). Same with Bush (Eddie Vedder), same with Muse (Thom Yorke)...Artists who copy others' voices are hundreds.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Heard a song at the end of Keeping Faith TV show that I liked enough to look it up....it was "Here I go again" by Amy Wadge, from the Album "Keeping Faith".

516oaIJe82L._SS500.jpg

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Heard a song at the end of Keeping Faith TV show that I liked enough to look it up....it was "Here I go again" by Amy Wadge, from the Album "Keeping Faith".

Hey Cno! you're coming up trumps on this thread, Amy Wadge I like and I've just ordered Mantras for Madmen by Harry Manx.

Mac

D

Deleted member 160668

Skarra Mucci & the one love family

(April so newish)

Working from home writing a report, but it’s distractingly head-boppy!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

I have seen Amy Wadge perform live a couple of times and she is very good indeed. *good*

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
2 new albums out today that maybe worth a listen:

Kenny Chesney - Songs for the Saints

Boz Scaggs - Out of the Blues, quite enjoying this so far.

Try also: Tony Molina - Kill the Lights, never heard of him but it's not too bad. Actually just found another one: Daniel Bachman - The Morning Star, maybe music for a thunderstorm?

Wow another two: Cody Jinks - Lifers and Peter Holsapple - Game Day.

Boz Scaggs would be my pick out of those, great cover of On The Beach.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ultimate Duets by Arturo Sandoval.

I'm not sure about it....maybe a grower? *unknw*

It's got good people on it though (eg. Stevie Wonder/Placido Domingo/Pharrell Williams/Josh Groban/Al Jarreau)

514ZjcEV4AL._AC_US218_.jpg

insider9

Think it's time to pickup this thread after a period of inactivity

First up is a release from earlier this month. Almost two weeks ago now. Had a couple of listens and it's growing on me.

4th album from this Manchester based group Virginia Wing called "Private Life"

Hope you enjoy!

Virginia%20Wing%20-%20Private%20Life.jpg

insider9

Also rumours of new albums by both Tool and A Perfect Circle. I'd be perfectly happy with any of these.
Haha, called it early 2018. At the very beginning of this thread. Eat the Elephant was ok but Fear Inoculum..... Wow!

Any tips? Any speculations? All genres welcome. Come on, let's start the music conversation going.

matthewpiano

I'm looking forward to new albums by Strawbs ('Settlement', released this Friday), Jon Boden (released 5th March), Ninebarrow, Jackson Browne, Crowded House (TBC), and Midlake (TBC). I'm sure there'll be plenty more throughout the year.

insider9

Oh my... this is a treat. Last Friday had a release of Mogwai's new album "As the Love Continues" These guys have been around for 25 years.

An hour of Post Rock bliss. Superb! Highly recommended!

184370-mogwai-as-the-love-continues.jpg

insider9

Out today..... Strawbs "Settlement"

Thanks Matthepiano for the recommendation. Admittedly my first taste of Strawbs. Ashamed to say as the band was formed in 1964 and that's the first I'm listening to their music.

Only on track three but so far so good. Track two reminds me of "Both Sides Now" not a bad association :D

strawbs_settlement_c_0nnoi.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts