New album releases

insider9

What albums are you looking forward to this year? Has anything came out recently you've listened to or are looking forward to listening.

For me I'm looking forward to a debut album by Myles Kennedy due to be released on March 9th.

Earlier this month Glen Hansard released his new album "Between Two Shores". Definitely worth having a listen.

And two more already released I'm looking forward to listening. Both released this Friday

Machine Head "Catharsis"

Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa "Black Coffee"

jjbomber

insider9 said:
What albums are you looking forward to this year? Has anything came out recently you've listened to or are looking forward to listening.

For me I'm looking forward to a debut album by Myles Kennedy due to be released on March 9th.

Greta Van Fleet are in the studio at the moment.

Blues Pills are on a tour break working on new stuff.

Dan Patlansky's Perfection Kills is imminent, out on Friday. Tour starts 15th March.

Magnum have just released Lost On The Road To Eternity. On tour with Diamond Head, who say they are recording an album later this year.

Raveneye have a couple of new songs in their current tour setlist. Should be in the studio after their current tour.

It's the 50th anniversary of Led Zeppelin, so Pagey should have yet another remaster for us with a newly discovered bonus track or two. Let's hope 'In The Morning' finally gets a release.

It's the 25th anniversary of Coverdale Page, but a long shot that the half finished 2nd album will see the light of day.

insider9 said:
Also rumours of new albums by both Tool and A Perfect Circle. I'd be perfectly happy with any of these.
I think their has been talk of a new tool album for the last ten years . lol but I am very much looking forward to a release...Lataralus is imo one of the great rock albums.

Looking forward to the Decemberists new album out in March.....but I have a feeling it's going a bit electronic if their latest offering is anything to go by.mmmmmm.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I wish I had some new albums to look forward to but really struggle to find anything modern I like and I own all of the albums of my favourite bands and a lot of my favourite bands I like are retired or dead .

but I still keep looking for new stuff but modern bands do not make music like the old bands did back then .

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Magnum have just released Lost On The Road To Eternity. On tour with Diamond Head, who say they are recording an album later this year.

And very good it is too. Not quite Storyteller's Night standard (few are these days) but their last few albums have been surprisingly good with this one at the top of the pile.

insider9

Sabbath, this may be of interest.

New albums coming out by Judas Priest, Suicidal Tendencies and Jack White. Surely you would enjoy at least one of the.

Also rumours of another Megadeth album.

Mark Rose-Smith said:
I think their has been talk of a new tool album for the last ten years . lol but I am very much looking forward to a release...Lataralus is imo one of the great rock albums.

Indeed there has been but it looks like something is happening at least with A Perfect Circle. They were teased with "The Doomed" single back in the autumn and released another single only this year. An interview with guitarist suggest second quarter release.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I do like Megadeth but after countdown to extension album they went a bit **** after that album but Ozzy is meant to make a solo album but I can’t see this happening to be honest .

I was hopping Manowar would make a album this year as there was nothing for the last couple of years and guns & roses where ment to make a album now slash is back with the band .

Grand magus normally make a album but heard nothing and I like over kill but they brought a album out last year so not sure about this year

last year we got a album of Metallica so doubtful they would do a new album now for 4 or 5 years

I like U.D.O not sure when they will bring a new album out

and there is a old thrash band I like in the 1990s that have got back together again but lost the main singer who I like but the band is called Xentrix but they where really good back in the day .

Anyway that’s just some of my favourite bands

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Heard the new Turin breaks one this morning. Sounded good.
The suggestions here sound promising mid, new led zep release of unheard track would be something fresh. Heard the new Jack White single on the Huey show the other day, thought it was brilliant. And the bonamasa single yesterday on radio was very good too.
Not really much on my radar this year, happy to just hear new good stuff, but I still wish Google would make it possible to explore new acts properly on their site. By removing the genres it is now way too time consuming to look for new music.

jjbomber

jjbomber said:

Oops. Magnum are supported by Rebecca Downs, whereas Diamond Head are supporting Saxon, as are Rock Goddess. Anyway Saxon have a new album out on Friday called Thunderbolt, so it does fit in with the thead. Apologies for the confusion.

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
The new Kristina Train album Rayon City. It's due out sometime this year. A preview of it can be heard on Soundcloud. It is not the finished article as there is a lot more production to be done to it. She is currently trying to raise funds to add string arangements to it.

Here is the web address of Rayon City on Soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/skylarwilson/sets

Her voice is amazing, check out her other albums Dark Black and Spilt Milk on Spotify.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
AntAxon said:
The new Kristina Train album Rayon City. It's due out sometime this year. A preview of it can be heard on Soundcloud. It is not the finished article as there is a lot more production to be done to it. She is currently trying to raise funds to add string arangements to it.

Her voice is amazing, check out her other albums Dark Black and Spilt Milk on Spotify.

You're right her voice is amazing *good* , but I love the recording it as it is ! She should leave it raw, real and simple and not polish or complicate it too much.

It is a crying shame that so many recordings are over engineered as it robs the feeling from the music.

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Dark Black on Spotify? I came across KT when I was listening to Rumer on Spotify and I click on related artists, I listened to the first two tracks of Dark Black and next thing I ordered the album on Amazon.

I saw KT when just before Christmas when she did a gig at Blacks Club in Soho and her voice is just as good live as her albums.

Don't know why she is not a household name!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
AntAxon said:
Dark Black on Spotify? I came across KT when I was listening to Rumer on Spotify and I click on related artists, I listened to the first two tracks of Dark Black and next thing I ordered the album on Amazon.

I saw KT when just before Christmas when she did a gig at Blacks Club in Soho and her voice is just as good live as her albums.

Don't know why she is not a household name!

Yes I have Dark Black on Spotify and I love it !

I would have loved to have seen her live .

insider9

AntAxon said:

Kristina Train... wow 20 seconds into an album and I know I'm in for a treat.

Thanks, definitely leaving it on :)

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
AntAxon said:

Kristina Train... wow 20 seconds into an album and I know I'm in for a treat.

Thanks, definitely leaving it on :)

She is on Youtube too, some of the videos for her songs are brilliant.

insider9

Not their best but definitely not their worst. I wish they removed 3 tracks that would make it heavier. He's tried to do what worked on Supercharger but melodies aren't as good for me and it didn't work on a couple of tracks.

Got to love them though for not being straight forward and brave. And boy are they talented.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
280856727401.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts