New 3D Ready Receiver?

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I currently have a (non 3D Ready) Pioneer SC-LX82 receiver but have recently bought an LG 3D tv and a Panasonic 3D BD player - will I gain anything in terms of sound quality if I change to either a Pioneer VSX-LX55 or SC-LX75 or '73??

I mostly use it for Sky HD and watching Blu Rays.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have emailed the whathifi team to ask when they will be reviewing the new Marantz range (sr5006 and sr6006) and I have not received an email reply so maybe I can get an answer here.

I am very intrested to see how whathifi will score the newMarantz AV receivers and it has been out for a while now already so I think this is a good time. I have a feeling that the price of the Marantz may impact the rating as the competition is cheaper with very similar specs.

Anyway, I could not wait forever for the whathifi team to review so I bought the SR5006 as I love the look and the features are great and the sound/video amazing.
cheers.gif
Only thing I wish the Marantz guys should have done is up scaling from other sources and not just HDMI and the ability to upscale to 4k... both these are done by the cheaper Onkyo 609, however I don’t like how the Onkyo's look.

Any feedback from whathifi team members will be appreciated, please let me know when you think the review will be done or if it will not be done at all?

Thank you.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Makaveli said:
I have emailed the whathifi team to ask when they will be reviewing the new Marantz range (sr5006 and sr6006) and I have not received an email reply so maybe I can get an answer here.

Might be an idea to start your own thread then, rather than tack a question onto a thread that has almost nothing to do with what you're asking about.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your advice, I will start a new thread. I do feel that it has relevance to the thread that I posted it in as it is a new 3D capable AV receiver that is very close to the price range of the original poster. However I do agree that the way it is stated does not seem relevant.

TRENDING THREADS