No sound using Audio Return Channel.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Or it may be simply the case that your TV will output to its own speakers, ARC or fibre optic, but not two or all three at once. And remember not all ARC channels will transfer full surround sound, just stereo, 5.1 if you're lucky. Make sure you've got the ARC set to UNdecoded (if you can) as well so the receiver decodes the audio "Morse code" not the TV.

If everything else fails your choices are to return the TV and try and get a refund / exchange or buy something like a Roku or Amazon Fire box and stream all your streaming services into the receiver from that. You can still use the same aps on your TV as well. We do that with our Samsungs so we can watch (well, listen to) them in "normal TV mode" or through the receivers for surround sound.

But before you do all that start with the basics - TV + streaming service to receiver, no other boxes involved.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I borrowed a Sony TV from my neighbour with an HDMI ARC connection, connected up and still no sound from HDMI, guess I’ll have to stick to optical. Played a film off Netflix Saturday night and it didn’t sound too bad not DTS Master Audio quality but acceptable.
I’ve also completely re-booted the Pioneer but not solved the issue.
Some things are just sent to try us.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Are all the HDMIs on your receiver ARC compatible? If not, have you made sure you're connecting to one that is?

Failing that all you can do is go through the setup again (and again and ...) and try all the sound format options on the TV and the receiver until you get them to "handshake".

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Update if anyone's still interested.
A fine person down our lane has a surround sound system LG TV and uses ARC through a HDMI cable, so I tried my cable on his system and it worked ( as we all new it would but you've got to prove it). I'm convinced it's my receiver at fault, phone call to Pioneer later this week and when we get the chance I will try my receiver at his house and that will prove it.

Watch this space!!!!!!!!!

Weird, I could only reply to previous posts from page 1 not page 2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts