Never thought this could be possible (discovery of 3D deck)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Ok, I was a pretty much a digital guy and with my Audio Aero sounding how I like the source to be (Live and Real) I was just playing with turntable rather than taking it too seriously. My Michell deck was real nice and with SME V arm, it was very listenable but never going to replace my Audio Aero Capitole when serious listening are require even if the turntable set costing more. and then.... I went to the Hifi show last weekend - I only came home with a Systemdeck 3D! The sound was just so "live" and after all these years of listening, owning and forever changing, I yet to ever heard turntables that beat CD player on every single department including Seismic Bass [:O]. I hasn't pay for it yet! I don't think I can at the moment so a long home demo that's all I can hope for but at least I now know how good turntable can sound.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Thaiman:Ok, I was a pretty much a digital guy and with my Audio Aero sounding how I like the source to be (Live and Real) I was just playing with turntable rather than taking it too seriously. My Michell deck was real nice and with SME V arm, it was very listenable but never going to replace my Audio Aero Capitole when serious listening are require even if the turntable set costing more. and then.... I went to the Hifi show last weekend - I only came home with a Systemdeck 3D! The sound was just so "live" and after all these years of listening, owning and forever changing, I yet to ever heard turntables that beat CD player on every single department including Seismic Bass
emotion-3.gif
. I hasn't pay for it yet! I don't think I can at the moment so a long home demo that's all I can hope for but at least I now know how good turntable can sound.

At that price I hope it makes the tea as well!!
emotion-3.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Systemdek_3D.jpg

I was reading about this model a few months ago and after reading the reviews decided that when my 6 numbers come up on Saturday this will be top of the shopping list.

Nice!

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
mitch65:
Thaiman:Ok, I was a pretty much a digital guy and with my Audio Aero sounding how I like the source to be (Live and Real) I was just playing with turntable rather than taking it too seriously. My Michell deck was real nice and with SME V arm, it was very listenable but never going to replace my Audio Aero Capitole when serious listening are require even if the turntable set costing more. and then.... I went to the Hifi show last weekend - I only came home with a Systemdeck 3D! The sound was just so "live" and after all these years of listening, owning and forever changing, I yet to ever heard turntables that beat CD player on every single department including Seismic Bass
emotion-3.gif
. I hasn't pay for it yet! I don't think I can at the moment so a long home demo that's all I can hope for but at least I now know how good turntable can sound.

At that price I hope it makes the tea as well!!
emotion-3.gif

..It's only £5,999.00...sorry, almost died of a heart attack writing it :)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I didn't know Peter has past away! Holy cow, I asked Derek at the show if his dad were helping him building this?. I hope he didn't get offended.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:I didn't know Peter has past away! Holy cow, I asked Derek at the show if his dad were helping him building this?. I hope he didn't get offended.

Yes, apparently he died in 2007, aged 81, whilst playing golf. (Source: 6Moons review of ART Emotion Signature speakers November 2007)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
chebby:

Thaiman:I didn't know Peter has past away! Holy cow, I asked Derek at the show if his dad were helping him building this?. I hope he didn't get offended.

Yes, apparently he died in 2007, aged 81, whilst playing golf. (Source: 6Moons review of ART Emotion Signature speakers November 2007)

Ah the review on my speakers! I feel even worst now.
emotion-9.gif

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Nice deck Thaiman, i wondered how long it would be before the upgrade!

Just out of curiosity what arm and cart are you using with it?

Have you swapped the SME over?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Shoot, the arm is from Audio Origami (12 inches
emotion-11.gif
) and cartidge is from Transfiguration just like my signature state
emotion-5.gif

The arm is blink! Silver chrome finnish, quite a work of Art! I only heard of them few weeks ago. the rrp is rather high at £3,700 (Kondo wiring)

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:
The arm is a work of blink! Silver chrome finnish, quite a work of Art! I only heard of them few weeks ago. the rrp is rather high at £3,700 (Kondo wiring)

Nice....
emotion-1.gif

I'm thinking of upgrading my JMW arm on the SSM for a Graham Phantom II but its a todo to get it done.

PhantomMicropoise.jpg

The chassis will have to go back to the USA and be machined to take the Phantom armboard then back to me. That is $700 plus P&P plus duties again and insurances. Then the arm can be fitted but that will leave me with a SSM that can only take a Phantom arm and it narrows the market a bit for a sale later if i with. I not sure what to do at the moment.

This is a picture Graham sent me of a modded VPI SSM.

SuperScoutmastermodifed.jpg

Looks good though....

What do you think?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
floyd droid:Hey Mr Thaiman, you didnt fancy the Reference then,lol.

The reference model? of course...yes, I also want ferrari and a private jet!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts