neighbouring channel echo on sky

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Installed an underfloor scart lead to connect sky box to TV for a client recently- now he's complaining of a faint "sound echo" of the next channel down when watching sky

I'm thinking this can only be a sky box issue given only the sky box will decode sky channels, nothing else could introduce a sky channel sound to the signal.

any thoughts?

thanks.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Wouldn't have thought this possible but stranger things have happened!!

Try another SCART lead (not routed the same) and see if the 'echo' persists. If it doesn't route the cable the same and see if the 'echo' returns.

Is your client using an external amp/receiver? Depending on the set up, maybe the tv is producing some sound if this is set to a very low volume or on mute?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

No, trying another lead would have been my next step but the client started playing me up so havn't returned, and in any event was blaming me yet wouldn't give sky technical a ring so I've washed my hands of it.

Scart lead goes sky box to telly. nothing else.

Thanks anyway:)

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Interesting problem. I actually have come across a similar circumstance many years ago, with a friend of mine laying an extra long cable between his sat tuner and the TV.
I tracked it down to the fact that the extra long cable was acting like an antenn‘ and due to signal induction, it was picking up signals from a cable TV installation.
The best way to nail it would be to find out what it's not, i.e. connect the two units together using a standard length cable (moving the TV & Skybox closer together naturally) as a test to see if it's any of the components exhibiting the fault.

If the problem goes away, it's the long cable that's inducing the unwanted entertainmet . . . .

However, if it's always the next channel down that's leaking and not some random noise, then I have no idea ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts