Need some cables with soft sounding top

gasolin

I apologize for already posting a new topic, but i have to give my danish system audio saxo 1 (speakers) some more time before i try to sell them (i only have until tomorrow to return them and get my money back)

I have a lively top and midrange, i do have to play loud to get that kind of sound about 50% of the volume from my Denon DRA -F109 and that it's loud.

Can always decrease the top on the reciver,but i wil try i get it more neutral,soft, the speakers are angled towards me and i will wait to se if more burn in (i think it's called, i am fra denmark) will make them sound softer.

I think the sinner is my cheap and long Optical cable (from my motherborad and to the reciver) and my jen tech sky 4 speaker cable (supra)

I need softer (the high ends)sounding cable so i am strongley considering buying the QED Original speaker cable and the QED performance audio cable. I can easly get them at a reasonable price and i have heard alot of people talk good about the cheap QED cables.

Would you recommend them to me or someting else?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
to be honest, I wouldn't use cables to eq my system if you're that bothered about the top end, then probably better to try different speakers...

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Rather than say it's impossible that your long optical cable is the issue, I's say that it's extremely unlikely. Speaker cables can make fairly large differences to the sound of a system as I've found out, interconnects - a pretty subtle difference but digital, none whatsoever in my experience unless either faulty or poorly made. I use a cheap & cheerful 3m optical cable between my TV & DAC without issues.

I'd return the speakers, stating they are too bright - trying to tune out brightness with cables is just unlikely to work. If it's too late to return the speakers, try angling them to fire straight forwards instead of being toed in, this may cut the treble enough for you or make no difference.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
If you look there is a similier post about this problem and it has been suggested fitting a resistor to the speakers to reduce the high notes, they are cheap to buy about £1 each and you would only need to 2, I think it is under the Arcam Epos post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts