Need help purchasing headphones 500€

nurre

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
So I'm coming from DT770 Pros which I love and need closed comfortable headphones and I do love my bass and a fun sound signature, but I listen to all kinds of music except classical, plus movies/gaming. I'll only use them at home and at the moment I have an Essence STX in my PC and I will probably get Magni/Modi in the near future.

I've narrowed my choices down to:

Oppo PM-3 - slightly worried about the bass
Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro - heard that for 500€ they are overpriced
Shure SHR1540 - only read that they might suffer when playing at high volumes

All help is appreciated

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
nurre said:
So I'm coming from DT770 Pros which I love and need closed comfortable headphones and I do love my bass and a fun sound signature, but I listen to all kinds of music except classical, plus movies/gaming. I'll only use them at home and at the moment I have an Essence STX in my PC and I will probably get Magni/Modi in the near future.

I've narrowed my choices down to:

Oppo PM-3 - slightly worried about the bass Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro - heard that for 500€ they are overpriced Shure SHR1540 - only read that they might suffer when playing at high volumes

All help is appreciated

The Shure is good if you like dark, and rolled off treble.

The DT1770 is great - I have it.

The PM3 is a planar - not comparable. Low-cost planars are generally good for bass, but don't resolve treble well.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Add the W1000X to your list - amazing headphones and they have awesome bass and a treble which is very detailed.

I personally find the Shure's veiled especially in the treble and mids.

If it were my £500 the W1000X would be the one to audition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts