Question Need Help Getting Started

csukosd

May 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to HiFi and I would like to setup a small bedroom in my house. I know a couple items I want but just don't know what else I need. I'm not extremely picky and I am on a average Joe budget (4k to 5k). I would like to purchase a pair of JBL - L82 Bookshelf Speakers. As far as an amp goes I was thinking a crown drive core 2 series I did not know which one to choose out of the 4 models (or if i needed more than one). I stream a lot of amazon music HD and would possibly like to add a sub to this as well. Alternatively I was wondering if I should just go with the JBL 4307 Bookshelf Speakers. I see them listed on a site for $1295. I was not sure if the increased cost is worth it for the L82s.

Thanks!
Chris

Dom

I would say to get the system you want you would have to very picky about set up and not about the dollar.
As an example the weakest link is what you need to look at.
I don't mean to moan, but plugging in a off the shelf laptop into your brand new DAC won't do it.
Another example is making your room fit the HiFi not the other way around.
If you are wanting the best sound quality spend the most money on components you think make the most difference.

Hey 12th I think a sub would be great.

Reactions: csukosd

csukosd

May 16, 2020
Visit site
well thank you I was not going to use a laptop but media streamers are a thing. As far as money goes I have not unlocked the infinite money glitch yet. I appreciate anyone’s feedback in this matter. If anyone would like to answer about the products mentioned that would be awesome. I’m new and I’m sure you were all new at at one point. So please bear with me.

Reactions: Dom

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to HiFi and I would like to setup a small bedroom in my house. I know a couple items I want but just don't know what else I need. I'm not extremely picky and I am on a average Joe budget (4k to 5k). I would like to purchase a pair of JBL - L82 Bookshelf Speakers. As far as an amp goes I was thinking a crown drive core 2 series I did not know which one to choose out of the 4 models (or if i needed more than one). I stream a lot of amazon music HD and would possibly like to add a sub to this as well. Alternatively I was wondering if I should just go with the JBL 4307 Bookshelf Speakers. I see them listed on a site for $1295. I was not sure if the increased cost is worth it for the L82s.

Thanks!
Chris
Where are you Chris? And what are the dimensions of your small bedroom?
Also what type of music do you like listening to.
Do you want to rock or relax?

D

Deleted member 116933

That’s the vibe I was going for so many small speakers this modern world. Wanted a more of a old school stereo vibe for this room.

Tbh the crown and JBL should go together very well, they’re owned by the same company.

And and the crown drive cores are apparently used in Mark Lev amps. Though Harmon try to keep that pretty quiet.

Personally I don’t know how good those amps are, never heard one but I have trouble believing there as powerful as they state and sound as good people rave, I think it basically comes down to bang for buck sound not nessarily the best and that’s fine. There also not shall we say the best looking.

I Think John Darko uses his L 100s with Hegel, Schitt and Brooklyn and gets good results with all so maybe add them to the list.

It really depends on the flavour your after. Full fat warm anologe sound, or ultra fast hyper real sound. If I was spending that sort of money I would like to hear all the options. Or at least find somewhere with a good refund policy.

Any how give John Darko a look with his l100 (bigger brothers to the l82) vids and also Andrew Robinson. Both on you tube

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts