NEED HELP ASAP REGARDING SONY BDVE 370 5.1

popoli20

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all I ordered the Sony BD-VE 370 5.1 cinema package. I've now realised on closer reading it has only one hdmi input.

My first question is, Is there a way to plug in my mac mini and ps3 via a hdmi splitter?

Question two: Does the srs system amp receive the sound via the hdmi cable or does it take it from another wire?

Your quick replies will be needed as I need to know whether to cancel my order

Thanks in advance

Fuzzy Bear

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
Switches are available on amazon, what do you mean by splitter? You will only get one source at a time with these just wont have to unplug anything at back each time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahdmi+splitter&keywords=hdmi+splitter&ie=UTF8&qid=1333530289

Whats the use of the mac mini, ps3? What generation mac mini is it? I'm assuming it's got hdmi?

popoli20 said:
My first question is, Is there a way to plug in my mac mini and ps3 via a hdmi splitter?

Yes. You need this (provided your Mac mini has HDMI out):

thor_l_1.jpg

You can connect your Mac Mini to PS3 wirelessly through the WiFi network & the PS3 should be able to play media files directly.

Question two: Does the srs system amp receive the sound via the hdmi cable or does it take it from another wire?

As far as I'm aware, HDMI cable will pass sound as well.

popoli20

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Fuzzy Bear said:
Switches are available on amazon, what do you mean by splitter? You will only get one source at a time with these just wont have to unplug anything at back each time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahdmi+splitter&keywords=hdmi+splitter&ie=UTF8&qid=1333530289

Whats the use of the mac mini, ps3? What generation mac mini is it? I'm assuming it's got hdmi?

THe mac mini is plugged in via hdmi, the mac mini is used for music and computer stuff and the ps3 for gaming

Won't the tv be plugged in via the one input though?

popoli20

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The mac mini is latest generation plugged in by hdmi. The mac mini is used for music and general computer stuff. The ps3 is used for gaming.

But if the switch is plugged into the amp how will the picture from the ps3 appear on the tv?

Oh ok. In that case, you need an HDMI cable from your Sony BDV-E370 to your TV, and an HDMI cable from your PS3 to your TV. You then need to connect an optical cable from the optical output of your PS3 to the optical input in your E370.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts