need advices for a new TT

picoose

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
hi there,

I am recently bought a new kit which consists of a Onkyo A9010 and a pair of Dali Zensor 1. I am now keen to buy myself a turntable but can't seem to decide which one is the best for my setup and for upgrades. My budget is around £300-350 just now.

I was looking at the following models:

Rega Planar 1 w/ performance pack - £298
Rega Planar 2 - £375
Pro-ject Debut Carbon - £325
Pro-ject Essential II - £189

I know it covers a wider budget, but i'd like to know if the money spent on a Rega Planar 2 is really worth it for example? or could i spend less and opt for a much better cartridge? I just don't know how much the build differ between all these. Is the Pro-ject Essential II a bad turntable in comparison?

I've read the Pro-ject Debut Carbon comes with a pretty good cartridge out of a box ( Ortofon 2M Red ). in that case would that be the best deal out of the list?

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to buy a turntable that i could keep for a while and can't wait to play my records again;

many thanks

D

Deleted member 108165

picoose said:
hi there,

I am recently bought a new kit which consists of a Onkyo A9010 and a pair of Dali Zensor 1. I am now keen to buy myself a turntable but can't seem to decide which one is the best for my setup and for upgrades. My budget is around £300-350 just now.

I was looking at the following models:

Rega Planar 1 w/ performance pack - £298Rega Planar 2 - £375Pro-ject Debut Carbon - £325Pro-ject Essential II - £189

I know it covers a wider budget, but i'd like to know if the money spent on a Rega Planar 2 is really worth it for example? or could i spend less and opt for a much better cartridge? I just don't know how much the build differ between all these. Is the Pro-ject Essential II a bad turntable in comparison?

I've read the Pro-ject Debut Carbon comes with a pretty good cartridge out of a box ( Ortofon 2M Red ). in that case would that be the best deal out of the list?

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to buy a turntable that i could keep for a while and can't wait to play my records again;

many thanks

Go for the most expensive turntable every time, it's money well spent. In this case either the Planar 2 or the Debut Carbon. Unfortunately none of these come with decent cartridges so upgrade the cart at your first opportunity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts