Need a subwooofer .. but which one for my CA + MS setup?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi This is my current setup: CA 640CV2 CA 640AV2 Mordaunt Short 908i (FS with side firing subs) QED Silver Anniv XT Biwire QED Qunex 4 Interconnects (Samsung DVD player connected to Amp) I am fairly pleased with the sound of the above "budget" system but desire a deeper bass & pronounced mids. I wish to purchase either the MS 309i or the Wharfedale SW150 (which are within my budget & more easily available where I stay). The SW150 looks better on paper, but is buying a sub really going to make up for the seeming gaps in the current setup/ Is it worth the extra money spent? Those who own either of these, will they recommend it for a 2.1 setup? (Any other models (like Polk) which can work out to be better?) Thanks

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I don't recall MS908s being short of low-frequency presence. It's just a thought, but you might try auditioning different speaker cable - the QED's admirable in many ways but it does sacrifice a bit of bottom end body in favour of speed and dexterity. My first thought is for Kimber's 8VS - at £18/m it ain't cheap, and it's fugly, but it could prove more effective than simply doubling up on the bass you've already got.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts