Need a new TV - Budget of £1200 - Help Pleeease! :)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Really need a new set to meet my Film and Gaming Needs, ideally being LED but i'd like to hear arguments against if Plasma is a better option. Nothing smaller than 37" with a decent refresh rate and 3D would be nice.

Please let me know your thoughts. TV's that have caught my attention early on is

LG47LW650T - though a tiny bit over budget.

Samsung UE46D6530

A

Anonymous

Hi Gen

Hi Gen_K I'm also looking for the best TV money can buy for a similar budget. I've decided that I'd like to go down the 3D road considering it might be a few tears before I replace the set. Having researched a lot online I was convinced that Panasonic was they way to go and there are some good deals around for them too. What I found in the stores however was somewhat different. As good as the Panasonic's are the one TV that kept jumping out was the new Smart Samsung D series. I'd love the UE46D8000 but it's out if budget. I've found some good deals on the UE46D6500 though and can honestly say the picture is nothing short of awesome. For the money the others don't seem to get close. I'm no technical expert but I know what I see. I strongly recommend you take a look. Happy shopping.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi & welcome to the forum Gen_K

How about the THX certified LG 50PZ950T 50" 600hz, 3D, Freeview HD plasma thats just under £1200 & has all the other internet gimmics on it.

Or Panasonics Viera TXP50GT30 50" Plasma with Freesat HD & Freeview HD tuners, 3D, 600hz around £1250.

Or Samsung UE40D7000 40" LED, 3D, Freeview HD & Freesat HD, 400hz ar around £1200.

Remembering that you can get deals on extra glasses & BluRay players if you shop around on these items.

In general Plasmas have darker blacks, less delay, so better for gaming & films. These days there isn't much to choose between the two though unless you are a serious online gamer, in which case i'd go the plasma route.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I had the same budget as you for around £1200 and i got my self a Panasonic TX-P42GT30B with free 5 year warranty, two pairs of 3d glasses, a Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D Blu-ray Player with four free Pansonic Exclusive 3D Blu-rays and a HDMI cable for £1200 including delivery.

Cheers,

Alkesh

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts