Advice for new tv (big brand budget)

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Looking for a new 42" tv to replace my old (but much loved and enjoyed) 37" 720p Panasonic plasma, on a very tight budget, I do not require 3D, smart etc, just a good picture, I prefer plasma because of the black levels and fast motion but would consider LCD maybe. I don't mind if its 720p or full HD and the sound is not that important as I use my hi-fi for the tv sound. Any suggestions please,

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
i recently upgraded from a 37 inch panny to the 50gt50,and the difference is night and day,id suggest looking at the new st or gt 60 models if your happy to stay with plasma.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Think I heard that the new Panasonic GT range has loads of problems with faulty panels so best avoid unless someone tells me I am wrong about that.

D

Deleted member 2457

kitkat said:
Think I heard that the new Panasonic GT range has loads of problems with faulty panels so best avoid unless someone tells me I am wrong about that.

Best thing to do is to buy from somewhere like John Lewis, but that is not possible with the ST and GT range though.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
kitkat said:

I believe it was the 2012 GT50 that had lots of problems, haven't seen any reports of issues with the 2013 GT60.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I haven't seen many people owning the GT60 either, at least not on this forum.

I think it is quite hard to buy, most people bought from John Lewis last time with the GT50 or a Panasonic shop which they then regretted if faulty.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Can you fit a 51" in or are you limited to a 42 inch due to space?

http://www.whathifi.com/review/samsung-ps51f5500

this has a cracking review you the cost and is under your budget as well :bounce:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts