Need a new phone, any suggestions?

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
So my trusty iPhone SE has packed up (home button doesn't work, tried replacing but hasn't fixed it) Absolutely loved that phone, cost £130 second hand and lasted 2 years

Don't really like spending more than about £150-£200 if I can help it, so looking at a second hand iPhone 8 and the nokia 5.3, or maybe even just get the same again (think they are about £60 now but probably won't be supported much longer)

Anyone got any other suggestions? All I use is the camera, ebay, twitter and WhatsApp really. Maybe the odd bit of streaming too....

Roger_A

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Giffgaff have a number of refurbished phones. The 8 is a little more than your quoted range at from £229 and the SE from £89. The X is rather more at from £349 but if you can stretch to it this will be supported for longer. All come with a warranty so less risk than a private sale. I have no connection with Giffgaff other than as a happy customer.

Reactions: Longchops
D

Deleted member 188533

You should be able ( I assume they're in the UK ) to find a slightly older generation LG phone with the Quad DAC in that price range. I have a V35 ThinQ and it's not only a great phone but the headphone amp and DAC section are very, very good. It easily drives all my headphones.

Reactions: Longchops

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
Giffgaff have a number of refurbished phones. The 8 is a little more than your quoted range at from £229 and the SE from £89. The X is rather more at from £349 but if you can stretch to it this will be supported for longer. All come with a warranty so less risk than a private sale. I have no connection with Giffgaff other than as a happy customer.

You can squeeze an 8 for £200.....just about. It can be done haha.

I really rate gift gaff. their sims are great but I find their phones are a bit pricy, I guess thats the cost of the warranty...... I've used their sims for years but I had to get rid this year because i just don't get any signal in my current house, gutted!

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
You should be able ( I assume they're in the UK ) to find a slightly older generation LG phone with the Quad DAC in that price range. I have a V35 ThinQ and it's not only a great phone but the headphone amp and DAC section are very, very good. It easily drives all my headphones.

thats a great idea and I remember hearing about this phone actually. What are some decent models with this DAC, any idea?

D

Deleted member 188533

I think all the V series phones since the V20 and at least some of the G series phones have it.

You'll have to look by phone here.

I bought the V35 when it was the flagship and I've never regretted it. It's a great phone not including the amp/DAC section.

Some tricks on how to get the most out of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts