Need advice on new mp3 player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently upgraded my iphone 3gs to the superb samsung galaxy s2 and while I've been blown away for the most part by this beauty of a device, the music playback has left a lot to be desired. Simply put, it's just not loud enough in comparison to my iphone 3gs. I listen primarily to heavy metal and sometimes I want my music to be BOOMING loud to the point where my ears are ringing for five minutes after.. especially when I'm on my way to the gym and want to be pumped up.. sadly my new phone completely and utterly fails in this department and I'm seeking a standalone mp3 player replacement.

My budget is probably around £150 tops however preferrably below £100. Don't care if it's second hand or brand new and I know amazon have some decent prices for some stuff. I've been looking at the ipod classics and the ipod touch thinking that maybe it's best to just stick to apple and hope the music playback is as good as on the iphone 3gs but was thinking that maybe some more experienced members have a better recommendation?

A

Anonymous

5 minutes ear ringing maybe an exagerration but it's nice to have the option to have it really loud when I want.

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I have yet to come across an mp3 player that can go any where near that loud - they simply arent powerful enough to get the result your after.

If your after a solution that will really rock your socks off though....

Player - SanDisk Sansa Clip+ - Tiny little player with superb sound quality and around £40 brand new

Headphones - JayBird Endorphin Rush - Big Bass and good fit - if you look around you should get them for around £70

You should be able to get them for just around £110 but if you still have some dosh burning a hole in your pocket...

Amp - PA2V2 £40 at the mo, will change with exhange rate. I've had mine for over a year now and its the best piece of electronics I have ever bought. If you have a decent player it enhances it even further and can go LOUD, and I mean OMG MY HEADS EXPLODING loud if you want it to. Seriously you have to be careful with it, keep the player volume low and lock it with the amp on high - that way you will still get the oompf you want without accidentally blowing your eardrums when you knock the volume dial on the amp!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts