need a nas that can run squeezebox server

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
as above really, i am leaving my laptop on 24/7 at the moment so would rather run a nas 24/7 nosie is not a issue as it will be under my stairs and i would like to move my laptop upstairs so im after a nas that can run squeezebox server,send photos and camcorder videos to iphone,2x laptops,ps3,xbox360. many thanks simon

A

Anonymous

Any of the Synology range will do it.. from a 1 bay mini up to their big scalable NAS's... Pick one and knock yourself out!

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
nads thats £120 plus price for a disc to get going, very good price what would i do install squeezebox server and away i go. plus can i install vlc player on the nas

nads

smuggs said:
nads thats £120 plus price for a disc to get going, very good price what would i do install squeezebox server and away i go. plus can i install vlc player on the nas
It comes preinstalled with Squeezebox server see http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download for which versions are supported there is the Duo/NV and the ultra/Pro/NVX versions so you have a few to look at. top tip the Duo/NV come with 256 memory chang it up to 1G for a faster response.

there are a lot of intel based NAS that may do you better but the duo has my music on it. Flac for the boxes and Itunes for the phone. 2 1Gb discs in X raid. the 4 bay NV+ full of 2Gb discs in X raid is at the moment a dumping ground for the movies.

the LG NAS has gone back for fixing again. (not a good buy).

I would get over to the Squeezebox forums and see what they have to say.

A

Anonymous

I use a Netgear Readynas ultra.

It's an upgrade on the duo and worth getting for the extra speed with squeezebox. (It's essentially a netbook cpu running Linux).

Sits in my hallway next to the router and everything pretty much I listen to comes to me wirelessly from that (The wireless router I must add).

And every time the Squeezebox server gets updated there is an update for the Readynas range too..

Very highly recommended. .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts