Getting close to going for sonos connect just a few tips ect.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I am using foobar and love the app monkeymotehd as it shows the lyrics i take it the ipad sonos app can show lyrics.

is there a list of programs that you can add to the list on sonos app im after spotify , amazon cloud player, and talksport.

I will then buy some home plugs and leave my laptop running 24/7 upstairs in my bedroom with itunes on it for all home videos, bought music videos and bought films for the apple tv 3 as it needs i on. But id like my laptop to hibernate after 30mins i have played around but my laptop just wont hibernate the screen will dim but not the main computer. The software i have running is dropbox, skydrive , avast realtime protection and itunes. Is one of them stopping it from hibernateing after 30mins of me not doing anything.

Plus anyone recommend some home plugs for around £25 pound that will let itunes run on my laptop upstairs. I will still have my wd nas plugged into the router downstairs.

Many thanks for all the helpmas always simon

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
smuggs said:
I am using foobar and love the app monkeymotehd as it shows the lyrics i take it the ipad sonos app can show lyrics.

I don't have an iPad, but the iPhone version won't do this so I'm guessing it's the same I'm afraid.

smuggs said:
is there a list of programs that you can add to the list on sonos app im after spotify , amazon cloud player, and talksport.

Spotify is available and you can access talkSport through the Radio section, but no Amazon Cloud Player that I can see.

smuggs said:
I will then buy some home plugs and leave my laptop running 24/7 upstairs in my bedroom with itunes on it for all home videos, bought music videos and bought films for the apple tv 3 as it needs i on. But id like my laptop to hibernate after 30mins i have played around but my laptop just wont hibernate the screen will dim but not the main computer. The software i have running is dropbox, skydrive , avast realtime protection and itunes. Is one of them stopping it from hibernateing after 30mins of me not doing anything.

Wouldn't have thought so, but I don't use Skydrive personally - is this Windows 7?

smuggs said:
Plus anyone recommend some home plugs for around £25 pound that will let itunes run on my laptop upstairs. I will still have my wd nas plugged into the router downstairs.

I bought TPLink ones a while back and they seem to work just fine.

Just a couple of points:

1) Amazon cloud player is available on Sonos platform in the US but not yet in the UK. I started a thread on it few months ago:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/network-players/when-is-amazon-cloud-player-coming-to-sonos-in-uk

2) Check Dropbox & Skydrive settings. They may be set to back up after every few mins which may be preventing your laptop from hibernating. Just turn off automatic back up feature.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for input as always ive sort of thinking of a uturn apple express into my dac magic £100 then £25 on an amazon clould player year pass which allows me to put 250'000 songs into it i only have 8000 ish tracks at the minute so thats sorted and purchased ones are not counted and it is a great app and is airplay enable to my apple tv which sounds great. So will have that , tune in radio pro and spotify to airplay to the apple express and if i really want to play my alac files on my nas i can do via itunes remote app.

I do think the sonos is awesome and if i have anyway i would use more than just my my lounge i would go for it but the amazon cloud player will do me at work as well on my andriod phone.

Im going to pay for the premium amazon account and upload my music and after a few days ill report back with how the 256 sounds against lossless in my system and if the amazon cloud player can be stable and speedy as spotify. After 2 hours its going well but the proofs in a few days.

Just adding that a painfull lesson i have just found out the hard way amazon cloud player can only import apple lossless to my account through mac.

So whats the fastest way of making a flac copy of all my alac files or shall i go to itunes make an acc copy and import them.

Frazer1979

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I really wouldnt right off Sonos just yet. Lets not forget the limitations of using apple units if you dont havea fully apple household.

Dare I question why you would want to use cloud storage to access your music through the device if you have a NAS drive and you are looking to use spotify? Sounds to me like you are using quite a few systems to do the same thing.

I dont think people are going to be as keen on cloud storage when one of the main companies has some sort of attach and finds themselves taken out of the market for even a few hours or loses a few thousand peoples data because of a "technical issue"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts