Need a hand picking out a HiFi amp

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

At the moment I'm currently running a pair of Jamo C803 Standmounts, a Kenwood KD-54R direct drive turntable with upgraded Ortofon OMP10 cartridge & stylus, I use a Marantz DV6001 universal disc player for cd/sacd playback.

Up till now I've been using my old Onkyo TX-NR905 for music (blasphemy, I know), but I've finally got enough set aside to buy a dedicated two channel amp. I've been considering either the Roksan Kandy K2, the Arcam FMJ A19 or a Cyrus 6. I was considering Rega also, however its hard to find anyone willing to ship Rega. I live in Australia you see, so for price point alone I've been looking at importing from the UK, as we really get stitched up with price over here.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Tarkan.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
What sort of music do you play? What size room and what volume do you play music at?

In that range the best amp. I have heard is the Creek 50A which £700.

Won't you have to pay import tax and VAT? If you export you should not haveto pay VAT.

No used amps. in Oz?

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Big H,

It's a mid sized lounge room at the moment, about 25m2. Timber floors, but I have a large rug and a big couch in there to break it up a bit. The Jamo's are 6ohm, and sound very good and they are housed on Atacama Nexus stands. I've been running them bi-amped from my Onkyo.

Over here import duty is a sometimes thing, I imported a bass guitar from the US and paid nothing, but imported a projector and got stuck paying GST. At any rate, even if I did, it would still work out much cheaper. E.g. Kandy K2 is $1899 over here, inc shipping from UK is $1200. Big difference for local warranty!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts