Age old question, Evolution 50A, FMJ A19 or Kandy K2?

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Finally got my tax back and have settled on one of these three to replace the AVR I've been using for stereo up till now.

My setup is as follows...

Jamo C803 Standmount Speakers, 6ohm, 87dB sensitivity and 125 watt continuous handling.

Marantz DV6001 Universal Disc Player

Kenwood KD-54R Direct Drive TT w/ Ortofon OMP10 Cartridge

QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Wire

Atlas Equator Interconnects

My room is 4m x 5m, timber floors with high ceilings, not ideal, I know. I do have a large, thick rug and a large sofa in there though.

I listen to a variety of music from metal (rare nowadays though) to punk to acoustic to orchestral. Some pop music, very occasional hip hop and some mild electronica from time to time.

I can get the best deal by far on the Arcam, however, I'm not fussed about pricing between them, just looking for something to compliment my speakers the best it can. I don't listen overly loud as I'm in an apartment.

Opinions?

None of those. Buy a Leema Pulse. I've had Arcams and loved them, but since rigging up my old Arcam amp the Leema runs rings around it. Can't speak for hi-end Arcams but I certainly wouldn't replace my Leema with anything below the FMJ A38.

Please don't read reviews where they say the Leema is bright, tricky to partner or a pain in the a**e. Certainly isn't. It's fabulous.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts