neat solution

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I want to integrate a home cinema system into my stereo system because it will be neater, save space and not have two pairs of front speakers. My stereo amp does not have a cinema bypass but I was told some AV Recievers have pre-outs that can be connected to my Stereo amp to use my Stereo speakers at the fromt of a 5.1 system?

can anyone tell me ehat AV amps can do this please?

A

Anonymous

Just check that in the specification they mention 7.1 pre-outs and you will be covered.

On Denon the 2311 upwards has them and a number of new yamahas from the 667 upwards.

Of course it all depends on your budget and preferences, such as does it have to be 3D compatible, if not, you could buy a higher specification older model.

Post your preferences and I'm sure the members can help.

Pikman

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Also, what kit do you currently have?

I bought a Denon 2310 recently and was planning the same as you. Now using my old stereo speakers as fronts with added speakers for centre and surround.

I always listened to music via my NAD 320BEE and honestly, the Denon sounds fantastic in stereo, I don't think I need to keep the NAD...Could be just my source being a PC, not sure but worth testing for yourself.

A

Anonymous

or if the spec sheet doesnt specify, have a look at a picture of the back of the amp and see if it has the pre outs on there.

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Thank you all for your reply. My Stereo System is Linn Majik DS, Majik-i & 109 speakers. I was thinking of buying the B&W 685 speaker package. My TV is a Sony KDL46HX903. I would be looking for an Av receiver that would match all that and be 3D compatible. I was planning to spend about £500 but would pay more.

cheers

neil fd2

May 12, 2008
Visit site
I had the same issue. I wanted to use my art emotions for the front channels to cut down on the speaker count. I didn`t want to compromise on hifi playback & thanks to someone on here, bought a beresford tc-7220. This allows me to connect the speakers to my denon av amp & luxman hifi amp & switch between the 2 amps. It works a treat & i don`t notice any audible difference in sound quality. Worth a look perhaps?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts