Neat Acoustics Iotas in free space (i.e. not against a wall)

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone

I know that the Neat Iotas haven't been out long, but does anybody know what they sound like in free space, i.e. not against a wall? Would the fact that they're rear-ported pose a problem? And if yes, would 'bunging' the rear bass port solve/ ameliorate it? Thanks in advance.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
No idea really. (So why am i replying??). Rear ported speakers in general should have space behind them. Only if they ARE against a wall should the bungs be useful.

Cheers

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
No idea really. (So why am i replying??). Rear ported speakers in general should have space behind them. Only if they ARE against a wall should the bungs be useful.

Cheers

Thanks for that Robin, but I've heard the Iotas were designed to be put up against a wall, and use the rear port to that end to give extra weight in the bass.

A

Anonymous

This by no means a definitive answer but I have heard the Iotas on the end of a Superuniti at a hifi show where they were placed close to a rear wall. I have also heard them at a dealer on the end of a Uniti placed well out from a rear wall in freespace. Now, bearing in mind the different electronics, I much prefered the sound I heard at the hifi show than I did at the dealer where they sounded lightweight and a little boring.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts