Nearly there... just need a hand on cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've finally taken delivery of (and found time to put together) Yamaha 763 and Kef 2005.3 to go with Sky+ and Panasonic BD35.... I just need that last bit of help getting the right cables to plug everything in. (...hopefully - might have to come back asking for help with settings later!!). Actually - I've gone through various other posts already so have already got Tacima mains, 3 QED HDMIs (TV to Amp, PS3 to AMP, Pana to AMP), Chord Optichord (Sky+ to Amp).

I think that I now need a 3m scart to go from my Sky+ to TV (is this right?), speaker cables (about 30m in total) and a subwoofer cable.

Can anyone recommend what make/model I should get for these leads? Should I go for a 5m QED P2150 scart and the QED Silver Anni XT speaker cables? No idea what subwoofer cable to get (I need about 7m).

Also where's a good place to go as 30m of the QED XT is coming up to £130!!

Thanks in advance

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
2009Newbie:
I've finally taken delivery of (and found time to put together) Yamaha 763 and Kef 2005.3 to go with Sky+ and Panasonic BD35.... I just need that last bit of help getting the right cables to plug everything in. (...hopefully - might have to come back asking for help with settings later!!). Actually - I've gone through various other posts already so have already got Tacima mains, 3 QED HDMIs (TV to Amp, PS3 to AMP, Pana to AMP), Chord Optichord (Sky+ to Amp).

I think that I now need a 3m scart to go from my Sky+ to TV (is this right?), speaker cables (about 30m in total) and a subwoofer cable.

Can anyone recommend what make/model I should get for these leads? Should I go for a 5m QED P2150 scart and the QED Silver Anni XT speaker cables? No idea what subwoofer cable to get (I need about 7m).

Also where's a good place to go as 30m of the QED XT is coming up to £130!!

Thanks in advance

You don't need to get the XT cable for your little Kefs. I would get the Micro cable from QED which will only be about £50. As for the scart lead, the QED one will be fine but don't expect too much from your Sky + box. I would look for a second hand HD box on ebay and just use it as you are at the moment. You would get upscaling with the hdmi connection and a much better SD picture. All you need to do is call Sky and ask them to pair your new box with your card. No need for the extra £10 a month for the HD channels and I think you get the free HD channels as well (not sure on that though). Sub cable, again don't spend a lot with your speakers. You can get an adequate one on audiovisualonline for about a fiver.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
If you're set on the QED 5m Scart, have you considered certain auction websites or classfied ads? ÿScart is being slowly replaced by HDMI so you might find some being offloaded cheap. ÿIf you want a new cable, I can recommend Profigold or Vivanco Prowire for low cost, good quality cables. ÿA 5m Prowire cable is £23 at audiovisualonline who also stock Van Damme Blue speaker cable. ÿThey're highly recommended, plenty of copper and good quality. ÿMark Grant Cables does hand made cables inc. subwoofer cables and again I can recommend them. ÿHe uses the best components available in his cables.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the help!

Went with your advice and got the QED Micro speaker cables, QED Qontour sub lead and the Prowire scart.

Spent a sunny sunday indoors wriing it all together and did a quick sound check last night..... just need to spend some time this week to play with all the settings (and readthe manuals)

TRENDING THREADS