Narrowed it down, please help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sony 46HX803 for 1300.00 with 5 year, a bit too much but nice set.

Samsung 7000 series LED, found for 1150.00 with 1 year, price is good, but warranty not great,

samsung ue46c6530 for 1100.00 with 5 year warranty, good price and pic looked ok in john lewis but no 3d, but not a huge issue, but have been told 3d screen offer better 2d pics, also seen this myself. I think.. LOL

and last the Samsung LE46C750, this can be had for 850.00 at the most, again 1 year warranty, but offers 3d as well, but LCD, But have not seen this in the shop. only going on price and reviews.

What would you buy, I cant really justify 1300.00 for a TV. so maybe thats a no no, unless there is something amazing about it.

Thanks guys and gals

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
In our opinion - and as you can read from the respective reviews - we feel the PX990 is a clear step up in performance from the PK990. The ability for it to be professionally THX calibrated is a further bonus.

However, you're right to consider room - these LGs can be reflective if bright light shines directly onto them (I witnessed it myself in THX's room at CES; they had to draw the curtains to get the most from the PX990: but then Vegas sunshine is VERY bright!)

All depends on how much viewing you do in strong daylight...

A

Anonymous

Just been paid out for injury, got hit by a car when I was mountain biking. so thought I would treat myself.

Paid of the wifes credit card bill, so I am buying a TV.. I put my foot down.

I think my tv is my weakess link right now

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
In our opinion - and as you can read from the respective reviews - we feel the PX990 is a clear step up in performance from the PK990. The ability for it to be professionally THX calibrated is a further bonus.

However, you're right to consider room - these LGs can be reflective if bright light shines directly onto them (I witnessed it myself in THX's room at CES; they had to draw the curtains to get the most from the PX990: but then Vegas sunshine is VERY bright!)

All depends on how much viewing you do in strong daylight...

I thought the PK590 and 990 had THX as well?

I work during the day, so not a whole heck of a lot. but I dont want to be seeing my Spot light in my room either, which I could with my old panasonic plasma.

I cant seem to find a decent LED or LCD in the same price range, my current TV in my bio is great for viewing during the day, but the picture can be a bit flat, seen my wife's mum's sony LCD and the picture in SD was 10x my tv, and it was 399.00 but only a 40"

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Just been paid out for injury, got hit by a car when I was mountain biking. so thought I would treat myself.

Paid of the wifes credit card bill, so I am buying a TV.. I put my foot down.

I think my tv is my weakess link right now

Well I don't blame you, every time I can justify with the other half I like to do the same.

I think you will struggle to better the PX990 for it's size and budget, I have a relatively low spec panasonic ( until I see a marked improvement or invest in a 3D projector and absorbent fixed screen) and it does not have an anti-reflectant screen, and although daylight on the screen does make a difference it is by no means unwatchable.

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Hey I have nothing thats 3D and not really interested if I see pat butcher in my livingroom.

But what would you say about the 2?

One can be had for 860.00 the other for 1000.00

Oh and dont have a 3d receiver, just bought a SC-LX72 so wont be changing anytime soon.

Thanks

Oh and yes andrew now buying a TV... LOL

OH OH... Just seen the PK590 for 650.00 as well, I am worried as my room can be bright.

Any other thoughts would be welcome.

My brothers 590 is far more reflective than my 990.

I have a window with vertical blinds 90 degrees to the right of the tv and I have no major problems with reflections when watching the tv during the day.

I'm very happy with the depth of picture I achieved with just a few tweaks, used a eye one meter after 150 hours and its bloody great now !
Roll on end of the month when i'm getting it ISF calibrated.

The PX990 has had many good reviews and has an impressive spec but I haven't seen that one myself so can't really comment on that, happy hunting !

Cheers

Edit; For info both the PK590 & PK990 have THX preset screen settings and can also be ISF calibrated where as the PX990 has the same, is 3D and can also be THX calibrated.

A

Anonymous

Yeh been looking at the PK990, and its 860.00 so seems quite good for the price, but for an extra 140.00 that I really cant afford, would get me 3D and a 5 star winner. I am going down to currys in my lunch to have a look.

If they have a PX990 I think they do a price match and give more money off, so will see from Richer sounds as they have it for 999.00,

I wonder if I walk in there with cash to RS would they do me a deal or are they not like that?

A

Anonymous

I am driving myself nuts... LOL

I am now thinking of this: Samsung LE46C750 as it can be had for around 860.00

A

Anonymous

OK after going into John lewis, I seen a Samsung ue46c653, it was more than I wanted to spend, but seems cheaper on-line, but online they have a 1 year warranty, but john lewis for 5 years is 1100.00

I did not want to spend this much, but forgot I was selling my 42" lcd, so that will net me around 300.00 Also the pic quality was WOW.

But I have heard some horror stories about bleeding.

Any thoughts, buying on or before the weekend.

Seen the PK590 in currys, but it was way to reflective for my room. also 50" I found is a tad big.

THANKS

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
One of the best things about buying from JL is the 28 day no quibble money back guarantee. So if you get bleeding on your set, you know you can return it for a replacement / refund without any issue.

A

Anonymous

Very true, 200 difference plus 5 year warranty and can just walk in and say take your tv back, is worth it.

But am I really going to keep this TV for 5 years, I doubt it. But then again heard amazon offer a no qubbile return as well, have not seen anyone complain about them, and it seems they arrange courriers as well.

Very confused, probably going to go to currys and comet on the weekend, as the one in town was very small and see what they have there.

But the one guy in currys could not even be bothered to switch the cable to let me see a blu-ray.

Se said sorry it cant be done, in a dumb lazy voice, I thought... MY GOD, I have 1000.00 in my pocket and you cant be bothered to switch a cable... Imagine a return

A

Anonymous

Sony 46HX803 for 1300.00 with 5 year, a bit too much but nice set.

Samsung 7000 series LED, found for 1150.00 with 1 year, price is good, but warranty not great,

samsung ue46c6530 for 1100.00 with 5 year warranty, good price and pic looked ok in john lewis but no 3d, but not a huge issue, but have been told 3d screen offer better 2d pics, also seen this myself. I think.. LOL

and last the Samsung LE46C750, this can be had for 850.00 at the most, again 1 year warranty, but offers 3d as well, but LCD, But have not seen this in the shop. only going on price and reviews.

What would you buy, I cant really justify 1300.00 for a TV. so maybe thats a no no, unless there is something amazing about it.

Thanks guys and gals

Actually the LED 7000 series cant be had for that price, Seems a place called DIGITAL HDMI.CO.UK Rip people off and never deliver the tv;s, even though the website looks ok

A

Anonymous

N E one have any thoughts on these models guys

I am not an expert, and its all good me looking in the shop, but dont know who has the best internet features, and the best customer service ect.

I would really appreciate expert advice, as never bought a tv of this val before.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts