Naim Unitilite repair time?

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I do like my Naim Unitilite - but I had a problem with the CD tray not opening and shutting properly. It was only opening if I held the tray flap open and closing if I pushed the tray in manually.

They have had the Unitilite for 5 weeks now - after two weeks I was told they had to order parts. Perhaps those parts could have been ordered after 2 days and not 2 weeks.

Anybody else had experience of Naim warranty/service time. Is 5 weeks plus usual/unusual?

cheers tonky

tonky said:
I do like my Naim Unitilite - but I had a problem with the CD tray not opening and shutting properly. It was only opening if I held the tray flap open and closing if I pushed the tray in manually.

They have had the Unitilite for 5 weeks now - after two weeks I was told they had to order parts. Perhaps those parts could have been ordered after 2 days and not 2 weeks.

Anybody else had experience of Naim warranty/service time. Is 5 weeks plus usual/unusual?

cheers tonky

When I sent my CD5i back to have the mechanism renewed they had it for over two weeks. By the time I received it back it was closer to three IIRC.

However, your unit could be totally different to my older CDP.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that PP. I have just this minute been told that it is being shipped back to the dealer today

I am hoping there is no cost. It was a shop demo model which I have had for about 22/23 months (so less than 2 years)

cheers tonky

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Before I sold all my Naim gear, about six years ago, I sent in my CD5i-2 because the LCD display was 'bleeding'. It took about 3 weeks (including carriage to and from the dealer) to replace the display. They also cleaned and serviced it.

No fee as it was within the dealer's 3 year warranty and Naim's 5 year parts & labour cover for such faults. (It needs to be registered soon after purchase using the card, or their website, to qualify for the 5 year cover.)

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Interesting - Not sure if I registered mine. So I may be out of luck for any future faults. I can't understand why it needs to be registered. Of all the different hifi equipment I have owned (brand new or pre-owned) this is the only item which has developed a fault.

I think a premium priced product - which I really like - should not have you jumping through hoops to extend the warranty

thanks tonky

tonky said:
Interesting - Not sure if I registered mine. So I may be out of luck for any future faults. I can't understand why it needs to be registered. Of all the different hifi equipment I have owned (brand new or pre-owned) this is the only item which has developed a fault.

I think a premium priced product - which I really like - should not have you jumping through hoops to extend the warranty

thanks tonky

Surely one of the reasons for registering a product, whether to extend the warranty or not, is a way to prove when you actually bought it. Essential if you happen to lose the original receipt.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
tonky said:

thanks tonky

Surely one of the reasons for registering a product, whether to extend the warranty or not, is a way to prove when you actually bought it. Essential if you happen to lose the original receipt.

It's my own fault for not automatically registering the product. FWIW I have the original receipt and it was bought (ex-dem) from an extremely reputable Naim/Linn registered Dealership who will have surely logged my purchase in their records.

The upshot is I will contact Naim and ask about the warranty etc and see where I now stand. I've certainly missed it music wise.

cheers tonky

jjbomber

tonky said:
. I can't understand why it needs to be registered.

I never register mine as the local shop, audio-t, also honour the 5 years anyway. They have all the sales on their computer system, so I don't even need the receipt. Most Naim dealers are excellent, it's just Naim themselves who give a poor service.

TRENDING THREADS