Naim Uniti

gungadin10

Nov 5, 2022
Visit site
I have a Naim Uniti (2011), but streaming only exist via a Nas or PC. I could have an upgrade through Naim, but this would only give me Tidal & Spotify connect. That coupled with a minor repair to a fading display on the unit, get this……£900! It’s just not worth spending the money on it.

I was looking at a Naim Uniti Star, as the Mrs still wants to play cd’s, but we are extending our house at the moment, so money is required elsewhere just now.

And ideas guys of a cheaper solution to allow me to stream, but still use the Uniti’s Dac etc..

Thanks

Welcome!

Are you after a Hifi streamer, like a component, or have you got access to a PC, iPad, or another device that’s suitable?

One affordable option might be a Bluesound Node. It can work as a source, or you can output a digital signal into your Naim. The app is reportedly good and there is a regular supply of earlier models - the Node 2 and 2i - if you’re happy to buy secondhand.

Reactions: Symples

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I don't understand why the screen repair is going to cost £900, I got my Superuniti done for 140 quid or it might have been £180 either way it's still well below what your being quoted.

jjbomber

I have a Naim Uniti (2011), but streaming only exist via a Nas or PC. I could have an upgrade through Naim, but this would only give me Tidal & Spotify connect. That coupled with a minor repair to a fading display on the unit, get this……£900! It’s just not worth spending the money on it.
Yes, I was quoted the same. Fortunately I can connect by ethernet and use the app as a remote control. I don't really need the screen.

gungadin10

Nov 5, 2022
Visit site
Welcome!

Are you after a Hifi streamer, like a component, or have you got access to a PC, iPad, or another device that’s suitable?

One affordable option might be a Bluesound Node. It can work as a source, or you can output a digital signal into your Naim. The app is reportedly good and there is a regular supply of earlier models - the Node 2 and 2i - if you’re happy to buy secondhand.
Hey,

thanks for the welcome and quick reply. I had been looking at the Bluesound node as an option, and the reviews seem pretty good for something at this price level. It’s more about convenience for some of the younger members of the family (iPhones, Spotify etc). I have got access to a computer, but I was looking at a dedicated streamer to couple up with the Uniti as a stop gap to replacement of the Naim.
I will probably have a look at some options regarding the Node.
Thanks for your advice.

gungadin10

Nov 5, 2022
Visit site
I don't understand why the screen repair is going to cost £900, I got my Superuniti done for 140 quid or it might have been £180 either way it's still well below what your being quoted.
I know! I was thinking along similar lines for a repair. I had looked online and thought it would cost around £300 for a service, bearing in mind the value second hand of the Uniti, I wasn’t prepared to spend too much on the unit itself. I contacted Audio T where I first purchased the Uniti from, and it was them who gave me the price, I nearly fell through the floor at 900 quid.

Might depend on the screen. I had an ND5XS in for part exchange with a failed display, and the quote was around £350 about a year or so ago.
Apparently there’s been a plague of display failures on Naim equipment, which are either straight failures or dimming displays initially before they give up. It’s certainly something to consider when choosing equipment.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts