Naim Uniti - Wi-Fi

amwarren13

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I have recently purchased a Naim Uniti & UnitiServe to partner my UnitiQute. Currently have them connected with Wi-Fi, but the Uniti which is in an upstairs bedroom starts to play a track selected from the UnitiServe, and the music stops for 2-5 seconds and then recommences from exactly the same place that it left off.

Hard wiring is not really an option - is this (buffering) due to poor Wi-Fi reception ? The strange thing is, that if I play a track from my PC on the Unti, which is also connected via Wi-Fi, it plays uninterrupted.......

Any recommendations ? I guess the Netgear Powerline is a possibility ? 200 or 500 Mbps ?

Additionally, I occasionally get the following error message when I turn on my UnitiQute:

Fault 28

Bridgeco boot fail

Has anyone else ever seen this ? If so, is there anything I can do ?

Thanks to all in advance.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I've emailed Naim requesting clarification on that error code, but I suspect if you're getting Wi-Fi dropouts it's down to either a weak signal from your router or interference from neighbouring networks.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I use Devolo home plugs, the 85mbps versions I think. Never get dropouts even when streaming hi-def music. Not exactly elegant looking things but running Cat 5 round the place isn't an option for me.

amwarren13

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Thanks very much for your feedback - it just seems strange that I can stream music on my Uniti from my PC uninterrupted, but from the UnitiServe, I am getting drop outs (and the pc & UnitiServe currently sitting next to each other) - surely it should be the same ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just got a reply from Naim: the company says

'We think it is sensible for the owner to take his Uniti back to his retailer for it to be checked. The error message is indicating a problem, albeit intermittently, it would seem.

'We are a bit confused about how the UnitiServe is connected to the network as it requires wired ethernet not wi-fi. If you're still having problems after the Uniti is sorted by the retailer it's probably a network problem and you should contact Steve Hopkins at Naim for advice.'

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts