Naim Nap 200 power amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

im thinking of upgrading my naim power amp naim nap 155xs to a naim nap 200 power amp.

first of can i do this i.e is it compaitable with my naim nac pre amp 152xs( me thinks so but not 100% sure)

second will there be much of an improvement in quality? im not after more loudness volume just more overall sound improvement.

regards

80s boy

A

Anonymous

iceman16

i see youve got naim gear as well, will the preamp work with my power amp? and will i get a more improved sound going for the pre amp rather than the power can you explain what the difference would be

im sorry im a bit dumb when it comes to these things.

regards 80s boy

iceman16

80s boy said:
iceman16 i see youve got naim gear as well, will the preamp work with my power amp? and will i get a more improved sound going for the pre amp rather than the power can you explain what the difference would be im sorry im a bit dumb when it comes to these things. regards 80s boy

IME, upgrading the pre amp will give more noticeable improvement in musicality unless your speakers are quite demanding and needs more power. I have not own the xs series but my previous 150x works with 202.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
The 155xs is a particular good power amp and will easily survive a pre-amp upgrade, the preamp is one of the better entry level Naim affairs but I would still change the 152 first.

A

Anonymous

Do you feel the NAP155XS you have now is having difficulty driving your speaker? If not then i will suggets you to upgrade the pre first to 202 or 282. A better pre is like removing a veil off and this is what i realized when i started with 5i, 202 and then 282. Of course for 282 you will need a high cap to get the best out of it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts