Naim DVD5 better then Blue Ray

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

True, though we're a fickle lot - if it's a four star product by the time it's moving on, because of newer, better players, there goes 70% of its value
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Tallyho:Quite simply the jump in picture quality from DVD to Blu Ray isn't anywhere near the difference we all experienced from VHS to DVD and there are DVD players out there right now around the £600 and upwards mark that many would say knock spots off the current crop of Blu Ray players

I have an award winning £600 dvd player(denon 2930) and it just doesnt get near the current crop of blu ray players or even the ps3(comparing SD upscailed/HD), which i think think by the way is pretty dam close with SD stuff to the denon. Im still gobsmacked when watching blu disks!

A

Anonymous

Naim need to get their backsides into gear and bring out a high-end Blu-ray player, not just a scaler for the DVD5! In fact, come to think of it, there aren't any really high-end Blu-ray players yet - ie from the likes of Meridian, Classe, Naim or even Arcam or Marantz. It's a shame really, and it seems like the high-end brands such as Meridian and Naim aren't taking Blu-ray seriously as a format. This may not be true, but I do wonder why some brands are still bringing out high-end DVD players, and high-end home-cinema-in-a-box systems with only DVD drives and no Blu-ray, such as Arcam's Solo movie, Meridian's G95 or Pioneer's LX01.

An Blu-ray Arcam Solo would be pretty cool, as would a Blu-ray Naim-nvi. Does anyone know if anything along these lines is in the pipeline? I hope so...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
British manufacturers will be working on BluRay hardware, but just remember they're never very quick with new technology for cost reasons. Most hi-end British manufacturers need to iron out their AV product problems before attempting anything HD........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts