Roksan Kandy K2 vs Naim 5i vs Naim Unitiqute vs Arcam a28

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone

Completely new to the world of Hifi systems and may I say how utterly brilliant it is. Basically, just graduated and I have moved to a new appartment which just begs for a hifi system. Firstly, the room where the system will be located is very large indeed (2500 sq foot) hence why I am looking for an amp and a pair of speakers that will try at least to fill the room with noise. I shall also sit quite close to the speakers at times to fully appreciate their beauty hence why I need them to be powerful at times but also act as background music when I am just around the appartment. Secondly, most of you will probably ask what music I play and that is mostly, deep house / minimal but at times I really like to listen to vocals accompanied with a guitar. Finally, I would like to present my shortlist which I heard in demonstrations and it would be very much appreciated if you could share youre thoughts concerning this set ups keeping in mind my room space as well as the music i listen to. Additionally, I would like to note that I store my music digitally and all of my music is 320kbps which as far as I understand is very important in this game.

1. B&W CM8 - Speakers, Naim Unitiqute- Amp+DAC, Naim Speaker Cable- 10 metres.

2. B&W CM8- Speakers, Naim 5i- Amp, Sonos ZP90-Streamer, Arcam DAC, Naim Cable- 10 metres

3. Monitor Audio RX6- Speakers, Arcam a28- Amp, Sonos ZP90-Streamer, Arcam DAC

4. Dali Zensor 7- Speakers, Roksan Kandy K2- Amp

The above stated are the once which I have listened too but I am aware there are different speakers which I need to listen to. I am pretty sure about getting the Roksan Kandy Amp purely because I felt it had a lot more to give then the rest altough I am sure I might be wrong in some instance. The problem I have with my second option which is the Naim Unitiqute is that it is not powerful for my room. Even though it has an integrated DAC and the interface is a lot more userfriendly then the Sonos as I can adjust the volume from my Iphone rather then in the instance of the Sonos I have to adjust manually with the amp.

So. Roksan Kandy K2 is more or less a definite. ( However please do let me know if you believe that there are different options). Now the most important aspect are the speakers. To be honest I didnt really like the Dali altough I listened trough a roksan amp. I somehow felt that with different speakers they would just sound so much better. (sorry about not being very techincal as I am completely new to audiosystems, altough I do love music) .

This are the speakers I am considering additionally-

Tannoy Revolution DC6T,

Mission MX5

Monitor Audio Silver RX6

Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 6

Wharfedale Jade-5

ProAc Studio 140 Mk2

Spendor A5

One more thing, as I shall be using a Sonos zp90 and an Arcam DAC what speakers and amp you believe I shall pair with them considering my room and music. In advance thank you very much.

SteveR750

I auditioned the Naim and the K2 with A5s and went for the K2 as I found it more balanced, and a greater sense of scale. The A5s worked well with it as I recall. The choice of speakers depends on your preferred style of presentation.

A

Anonymous

SteveR750 said:
I auditioned the Naim and the K2 with A5s and went for the K2 as I found it more balanced, and a greater sense of scale. The A5s worked well with it as I recall. The choice of speakers depends on your preferred style of presentation.

Do you know of a place in London where I can have a listen to the A5's?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts