Naim at John Lewis.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
andyrich_2000 said:
What would be better for streaming audio from an iPad. This thing or a nad d 3020 with dali zensor 3?

In theory, both should be equal to the task as they both have AirPlay. In practice I doubt anyone has compared them directly yet.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I had a listen just yesterday at John Lewis. For the size its very impressive. Even with the noise in the shop you still got a high volume from the Muso. Not the best place to have a serious listen, but it played everything with attention grabbing presence with no sharpness to the sound. From just 5mins of demo they was a crowd round the Muso. Quite impressive.

D

Deleted member 108165

Apparently the bass port is downward firing. What on earth would you mount it on? Maybe a shelf with a hole in it
regular_smile.gif

DougK said:
Apparently the bass port is downward firing. What on earth would you mount it on? Maybe a shelf with a hole in it

Why would you need a hole in your shelf ...... bass port is downward firing for a reason *biggrin*

I may attempt an audition as I do have a John Lewis nearby (unlike a Naim Stockist hifi shop).

So when will it begin to be discounted? In the January sales, maybe?

Seems odd that John Lewis seem to get priority over Naim dealers, but I guess it is a lifestyle product. I wonder if Julian is turning in his grave, or looking down in wonderment.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
There is a mu-so on display at Peter Jones (part of John Lewis) in Sloane Square. It is alongside the Sonos range and a bunch of other wireless speakers / streamers. Not an ideal audition space, but the salesman knew his products, and was able to demostrate the various systems. The mu-so looked as if it was built like a tank, and sounded the best of the systems on display (within the limitations of the acoustics of a department store's hifi and TV department). Didn't check the pricing, but if you are in the market for an all in one, well worth a look.

On the strength of the demos, I bought a Sonos Play:1 to try. I have to say I am impressed. I will report in another post.

manicm

Spoiler alert - this hasn't been mentioned here on WHF online I don't see - but Naim (modestly as always) flies the flag for this not-so-little upstart as having won WHF Product Of The Year 2014. Congrats, and apologies to WHF if they were saving this tidbit for later.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
manicm said:
Spoiler alert - this hasn't been mentioned here on WHF online I don't see - but Naim (modestly as always) flies the flag for this not-so-little upstart as having won WHF Product Of The Year 2014. Congrats, and apologies to WHF if they were saving this tidbit for later.

Is this what you mean: http://www.whathifi.com/awards/2014/wireless-speakers ?

Do they do an overall Product of the Year?

manicm

The_Lhc said:
manicm said:

Is this what you mean: http://www.whathifi.com/awards/2014/wireless-speakers ?

Do they do an overall Product of the Year?

Yes, WHF have always had an overall product of the year.

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
manicm said:

I know they use to, but they haven't done that for some years AFAIK, and there doesn't seem to be one this year: instead, there are mutliple products of the year, one in each awards category. That's what the Naim is: Product of the Year in the Wireless Speakers category.

Unless I've misunderstood completely, that is.

manicm

tinkywinkydipsylalapo said:
manicm said:

I know they use to, but they haven't done that for some years AFAIK, and there doesn't seem to be one this year: instead, there are mutliple products of the year, one in each awards category. That's what the Naim is: Product of the Year in the Wireless Speakers category.

Unless I've misunderstood completely, that is.

Sorry, apologies yes, LHC, no overall product of the year award. I think they used to before, didn't the KEF LS50 win it a few years ago? Edit: actually the Rotel RA-10 won Product Of The Year 2012

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts