NAd m51 wireless set up

H3dron70

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
HI everybody!

:type:

Im seriously considering getting the Nad M51 DAC to add to my aging system ( Arcam Alpha 8r amp) due to its great comeptitivie price here (Australia) my PC or NAS drive is my source

My question is, apart from connecting via USB with a wired connection, what can you experts recommend I use to connect it wirelssly, preferably without getting another box in the the chain ( streamer)

Im also considering Naim Uniti for its ease of connectivity but not sure it would sound as good.

H3dron70

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
HI Big, thanks for your reply, :cheers:

yes the Sonos does look like the best option, and flexibilty is the name of the game,

I guess after the purchase of the Nad, I would have enough to buy the sonos Connect, which would enable me to streatm from router to dac (i think). I prefer not to get a dedicated steamer as its another box to fit in, the sonos is nice and small.

the other option is to go the naim uniti route, but, having not audtioned either system yet, do you think the Nad would sound better than the unitlite (for instance)

I am using B&W 601 stand mounts from 2001 as speakers.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
H3dron70 said:
... sonos Connect, which would enable me to streatm from router to dac (i think).

Yep, that's right. Although if you want the Sonos to work wirelessly you'll need to plug a Sonos bridge into the router instead of the Connect (and the Connect plugged into the DAC).

BTW, had to chuckle at the Bueller comment earlier!

H3dron70

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
H3dron70 said:
... sonos Connect, which would enable me to streatm from router to dac (i think).

BTW, had to chuckle at the Bueller comment earlier!

:grin: hehe, thanks Diamond Joe! yeah what a movie, I love that scene, so funny!

Thanks for the confirmation on the Sonos, seems like the way to go!

TRENDING THREADS