CD Player and Streamer Combo?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I am really happy with my system and don't want to change very much. Currently my sources are a Squeezebox Touch, (NAS Drive wired CAT6A serving the FLAC files), and an old NAD CD Player, both on coaxial digital outputs to the DAC input ection of my Bryston BP26DA. However, the Squeezebox is a couple of years old and is crashing out on quite a regular basis so I figure it may be time for a change. Also, I find myself yearning to play CD's again, no idea why, I just do, and think that maybe if that's a route I am going to follow then the £30 I spent on the NAD from fleaBay for "occasional use" could probably benefit from an upgrade.

My question is does anybody know of a reputable HiFi manufacturer that makes a streamer/CD Player combo? I know that the Naim range has a couple of beauties but each has its own DAC and amplification as far as I can tell, and paying for these elements and then bypassing them in to my Bryston BP26 's DAC sticks in my Craw. Any ideas on a combined unit or should I be considering two boxes instead? I would even consider a CDP, streamer, DAC and pre amp combo to replace the BP26DA, but as I said I am happy with my back end so see no reason to change that part for the sake of it, so it would have to be pretty darn great to convince me!

My budget is £3k maximum for the CDP/Streamer combo, but if I was also replacing the Bryston I could factor in the resale value of the BP26DA and stretch to £5k. Any ideas?

John Duncan

Keep the amps and DAC. http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/cd-players/cd-n500_w/

Genius.

The Cambridge 751BD in my signature will do both, but streaming is a bit of a nightmare from a usability point of view. You could get a CD5i and ND5XS. Or you could just get a CD player and a Sonos... ;-)

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
you cld sell it all and get a marantz one box.....the cr603 sounds superb so i guess the replacement will be just as good and you.d have a ton of money left over

TRENDING THREADS