Nad D3020 + Q Acoustics 2050i - power amp

drajesh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Have few queries on Nad d 3020 as below :

1. Just wanted to know if the Nad d3020 can drive Q Acoustics 2050i (tower speakers) at moderate levels, for a room of size 20' X 15' for all genres of music.

2. Can I use the sub out on the Nad d 3020 as a preamp out for use with a more powerful power amp ?

3. In a pre/power amp setup, what contributes more to the sonic signature.for ex. if I use a Nad d 3020 as a preamp with a Marantz power amp MM 7025, will the sonic output be a Nad Sound or Marantz sound ?

Request your inputs,

Thanks,

Rajesh

gasolin

I heard the nad d3020 today using the lektor 2 and zensor 1 you would without any doub need something around 90 db sensitivity, also remember there is only a bass eq, you have to use the mediaplayer eq if connected to your pc. I feelt from both speakers that the music (not my taste) sounded unprecise and distorted in the bass ans made me think it was a very compromised mp3 song.

Don't know how much the guy turned up the volume, i wanted to hear how loud the amp are and it is not at all loud enough for me, have a denon dra f109 with about 70 watt i 6 ohm and that's more then enought for my dali zensor 1 and my livingroom.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts